DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had the predator for about a year now and I'm always making adjustments to try and make it faster, I'm curious as to how far anybody has advanced there timing without getting the infamous knock. Right now I've got it advanced 4deg at wot and I'm running 4% added fuel at wot, this made a huge difference in power. I'm running the 91 octane tune. Any help is appreciated, also if you have a setup that works well for you and you're willing to share I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Record your LT and ST knock retard, that will tell you if your getting knock.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This may sound dumb but what do you mean by lt and st? And also how will these numbers tell me if I'm getting knock or not?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Not dumb at all thats why we are here , to learn and to pass on info.
When you have knocking your computor senses it and retartds the timing in that range. St is short term knock and it resets when the truck is shut off, a little STK here and there is normal usually about 1-3 degrees if it gets over 5 or is consistent throughout the power rangethen adjustments need to be made. When there is consistent knock in a certain range the computer will remember it as LTK long term knock retard. Hope this helps, do some logging and see what you get, pull some hills do some WOT. If you want, post your numbers and we'll se if we can help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts