DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I have a 2017 Laramie 4x4 that just turned 20K miles and in the video, you can hear something squeaking (A/C compressor?) and also what looks like an excessive amount of water dripping, or rather pouring, out, and the fun really begins when I cut off the engine. I get a VERY loud sound, which to me sounds like something releasing pressure. Any ideas out there on what this could be? :4-dontknow: A/C works fine, coolant levels are fine. I appreciate any help and advice I can get to solve this mystery. Oh and the situation is the same whether I have the A/C on or not.

I brought it to the dealership and the Service Manager said that it's "normal" due to the high heat and humidity we are experiencing in southern Louisiana lately. I mentioned that since all trucks in the area are subject to the same weather, ALL of their trucks on the lot and every other Ram out there would be doing the same thing. I also mentioned that I have owned 3 Rams over the last 6 years (12, 14, and now the 17) and have NEVER experienced this. He just looked at me and said: "well that's what it is". :smiledown:

Thanks Forumz team!

http://youtu.be/LGh13PRE9Dc

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just read your post; if you haven't found the source of that noise yet, I would suspect a coolant leak either external or internal. With a heavy rag sitting on the rad. cap, turn off the engine while still hot, and crack the cap open to release the pressure; if the noise stops, you're looking at a small coolant leak making a whistle; that is a starting point...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying! I have not found the source yet. Haven't really been driving it much so I haven't spent much time trying to figure out. But I will definitely try that this weekend and post my results. Appreciate the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts