DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a Pro Comp 6" stage I Lift with Bilstein 5100's up front on a 4th gen ram? I'm curious how this set up looks and what settings you have them at. I have seen numerous people with other lift kits (BDS especially) that have done this but I have also heard that that those lifts might be taller in the back (5" block vice 4"). Thanks.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Several of the PC guys have maxed Bilstiens. PC actually has the most lift, if you get all the rear spacers as well as the block. They seem to vary between user and who install them. As far as 5" block vs 4" block. Pro Comp is the only lift to actually use a rear spacer for lift. The other companies use bigger lifted coil springs. I think you'll be fine maxing out the Bilstiens. But I wouldnt add a top mounted spacer to your already 4" bottom mounted spacer. Don't think the stock springs would like that!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's just it. I don't have any rear spacers on mine. My kit only came with a block for the rear.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Several of the PC guys have maxed Bilstiens. PC actually has the most lift, if you get all the rear spacers as well as the block. They seem to vary between user and who install them. As far as 5" block vs 4" block. Pro Comp is the only lift to actually use a rear spacer for lift. The other companies use bigger lifted coil springs. I think you'll be fine maxing out the Bilstiens. But I wouldnt add a top mounted spacer to your already 4" bottom mounted spacer. Don't think the stock springs would like that!
Sorry. misunderstood. you said "all the rear spacers as well as the block" so I thought you were saying that there were additional spacers along with the block.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Thats the thing. Pro comp comes with the big black and another 1.5" worth of washer lookin spacers. MuscleMcKeester has them on his PC lift. Its hit or miss man, some people get them and some dont. If you get those smallers spacers you have 5.5" worth of rear lift, the most of any lift company!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK. well know I don't have them (I did the install). So that being said, Do you think it would still be a bad idea to add a 1" spacer then since some of the kits apparently already come with it?

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
If you didnt get them, then I would be calling Pro Comp and requesting the rest of my lift.

I wouldnt stack a top and bottom mount spacer. Get the rest of your lift from PC and do it the right way.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Muscles just sent me these. Your rear should look like this...

·
Registered
191 Posts
another round about way to get that extra as I have the PC but no added spacers just the block I added the air lift 1000 bags since I tow a lot in the summer and it lifted the back end up an extra inch at 30psi

·
Registered
13 Posts
How your aibags holding up with the procomp lift. I know where the airbags sit is not the most airbag friendly. I also go my lift installed 2 years ago and apparently i don't have those rings either.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I actually went to the parts store and got bearing dust cover caps and heated them up and put them over the block where it protrudes into the spring. I was concerned the edges on that part would wear badly on the bag. I havent towed with it since I put them on but I will here soon since it is almost hopefully boating season. Probably not the right way to do it but it got the job done for me. OP did you ever call pro comp and ask for the extra spacers?

·
Registered
191 Posts
ok back to the extra rear spacers on the pro comp lift. I emailed pro comp with absolutely no response so finally today I called. After talking to a what I would classify as a moron I finally got the info I needed. They told me those are 1/4" spacers and gave me the part number 91-5500. I just called 4wheel parts and gave them that part number which they said they could get at the cost of like 9each. So I got the pleasure of ordering all six that are shown in the pic earlier in the thread and I will let you know how it looks and fits once they arrive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts