DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've got a couple questions for this thread but they've all got one thing in common and that is the tires. I've got an '04 Ram 1500 that I bought back in July with 4900 miles on it. Before that I had an '03 1500 with a set of Maxxis Bighorns on it. My boss bought the tires for me in February of 2010 when I was using my truck as a company truck. They're 285/70/17s and the back tires are just now getting worn down enough to start buying a new set. The fronts have appx. 1/4 tread left. Needless to say, I've got my use out of these. So my first question is, what is the tread life like for the Pro Comp Xterrains? The reason I ask is because I found a guy selling a set of 37 13.50 17s on Craigslist brand new for 400 bucks. Regardless of the wear they may get, I feel like this is a steal because they've still got the foil stickers on them. With it being tax time, I'm thinking about using my refund to buy my lift so that I can clear them. That being said, I clear the 33s I have now clear easily without rubbing at all and I still have a good 3 inches of room the way it sits. The truck came with 20s on it, but I immediately switched those for the XD series Crank wheels that I bought. So on top of the tread wear for the Xterrains, I was wondering what your guys' thoughts were on how much lift I would need to clear these 37s? And also, what do you think about the deal on the tires? Thanks in advance guys -- Zach

1 - 1 of 1 Posts