DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago i realized that when i hit the lock button on my key fob the beep or honk from the truck was becoming weaker and weaker and i believe that it is safe to say a prius's sounds louder and more masculine than mine does now. So i checked my actual horn to see if there was a problem with it...and same thing. And yes i did check all the electrical connections, etc. and they are all fine. So i checked where the horn is located in the truck and i believe that there are 2? For a high and a low pitch? (correct me if im wrong) So my question is i was looking at buying a horn like this http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLO-851/ instead of just a factory replacement, would it be as simple as just connecting a few wires, would i also need an air compressor and tank?..or much more? HELP PLEASE!

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
You will need at minimum -
12V air solenoid
Air compressor
Tank
Air fittings

That horn is design for a highway truck that has an air system and 24v electrical system. It can be adapted to your truck, but it likely is a lot more cost effective to buy one that's already made for a 12v vehicle. If you go this route, I would contact the horn dealer to find out how many cfm's of air are required to operate it, before buying a compressor/tank system. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Yup...pretty much.
Might even have the same kind of connector, so could be 'plug & play'. :smileup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts