DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Found all the old hardware from the original kit . Installed the Ford / spacer bracket hooked it all up . Drops quickly for the 1st 1/3 or so of travel and then slows up nicely . Just enough clearance for everything .
You're experiencing the same thing I did, when I used the Ford drop plate with the Dodge shock. If you remove the shock from the Dodge kit, and use the shock from the Ford kit, instead, the tailgate will lower slowly throughout its range of travel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The fix is already out...use the entire 43200 kit.
katokahn99 is on the right path. But, if you just buy the 43200 kit, you won't have the right torx wrench for the Dodge bolts. I don't have the two kits with me, so I can't say what the wrench sizes are, but the 43200 and 43300 kits don't include the same size torx wrench. If you have your own torx wrenches, you can jump right to the Ford kit. Otherwise, you may want to see if the Dodge kit works, first, and then let DeeZee send you the Ford kit, for free, if you find the Dodge kit doesn't work right. Just remember not to slam the tailgate shut immediately after you install the Dodge kit, as you may find it scrubs the paint on your tailgate...close the tailgate slowly, keeping an eye on the area around where the cable attaches to the tailgate, because that's the area that will get scratched, if there is a problem. If there's a clearance issue, lower the tailgate, remove the shock, and contact DeeZee for the Ford kit.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The ford kit #43200 didn't work for my 2013. It rubbed and damaged the tailgate cable (even being careful). Had to go back to the Ram kit which scraped the paint (raising it once carefully, but apparently not carefully enough!). Then I used my own thinner spacer on the ram kit as others mentioned to finally make it work (painted body color). Sean2d's is right about the different torx wrench sizes for ford and ram kits too. Not sure what's taking Deezee so long to rectify the unit for the newer model Rams. It must be costing them shipping different models, parts, torx wrenches etc.. to Ram customers trying to get their product to work right. When it does work right though, it is sweet.:smileup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
So, is the model number for the ford working perfectly? I'd really like to add this, but I don't want the paint rubbing off of the tailgate.....then it wouldn't be worth it. Can you confirm the model number?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hi all, I did the install a couple of months back when I first got the truck .. this is what I bought and it worked perfectly. No issues what so ever.

DZ43300 DODGE RAM 1500 PICKUP (2006 - 2013) SLT

·
Banned
817 Posts
Installed the kit on my 13 ram , followed instructions to the letter . Tailgate seems to bind when closing . Sent them an email ---no response . Called the 800 number told the young lady my trouble and she said some 13's were having a problem .I asked if the kit number 43300 was the correct model it was . They now had an updated kit that would solve my problem it is kit number ( I lost the paper with the update but I am sure she said it was 43200 ). Well kit 43200 came ups today . Here in about 3 days . My big question is the new parts are in a package with # 43200 and it says its for a ford f150 2004 - 2011 .

Is this correct ?? any one elsse have the binding problem . tried doing a search here to no avail . Any help is appreciated.
DeeZee still showing correct Ram 1500 part number as: Part #DZ43300 RAM TRUCK RAM 1500 PICKUP (2011 - 2014) as of Sept. 28, 2013

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I ordered the Dee Zee DZ43300 Tailgate Assist through Amazon for my 2013 Longhorn and it couldn't fit any better. It has plenty of clearance and absolutely no rubbing.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Yeah, mine broke after a few months too. Tailgate ballmount stripped out of the nutsert and my tailgate slammed down.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think its hit or miss using the 43300 kit on the 2013s...mine rubbed. Deezee sent me the ford kit and all i used was the drop plate and ford shock. Works perfect now.

·
Registered
76 Posts
DeeZee still showing correct Ram 1500 part number as: Part #DZ43300 RAM TRUCK RAM 1500 PICKUP (2011 - 2014) as of Sept. 28, 2013
This is the one i bought.
Bought my 2013 1500 brand new 2 weeks and this is the first "mod" i did to it.
Installed it following the instructions and even found a couple of videos on Youtube showing how to install it.
Got two scratches on my tailgate that are to the metal and both from the shock rubbing.
I e-mailed them twice complaining about their defective product and no response.
Make 100% sure it will fit before you start.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought one off Amazon and it was a complete waste of money. The strut was tiny and the whole kit seemed liked it was for an older Dakota. I went to O'reilly they had them in stock and it was completely different and much improved kit vs the one I received via Amazon. It was also cheaper and I can remove it any time because it doesn't use a rive nut.

·
Registered
37 Posts
New DeeZee Part number for 2014

I spoke with DeeZee today. They immediately knew about the part rubbing issue. They have a new part number (DZ43301) that will supposedly fix the issue. It is so new that it is not available until the end of this month.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts