DODGE RAM FORUM banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
817 Posts
Today I went to the DeeZee website. They do NOT even list a tailgate assist for the Ram 1500.
I went to Autoanything and Amazon and they do not have any DeeZee tailgate assist that fits my '14 Ram 1500 either. What is going on with this product?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I was also looking on the website today. No option for Ram. Anyone in the know have any idea if the new part will be available soon? Christmas is coming!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am also having trouble with mine.

I emailed Dee Zee and received a response on Oct 14th that "a new revised item DZ 43301 is 4 - 6 weeks out", she also told me "to return my item to the place of purchase for refund/exchange".

Stopped in at my local truck parts shop today Dec 12th and they haven't received any of the newer item numbers.

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
DeeZee #43300

I purchased mine through RealTruck. The first one I received was defective, a bad piston. DeeZee sent a replacement. When installed the setup hits my tailgate severely scratching and gouging my tailgate, It also pushes the tailgate to the right making it had to close tailgate. I removed the setup and called Realtruck. They called DeeZee and the response was to through it in the garbage. The reengineered model will be out next month .part # 43301. Realtruck is going to sent it to me when they get them in stock.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had ordered the DZ43301 back in Dec. through Amazon. Got an e-mail from Amazon on Fri. 2/14, said it would be here Mon. Low and behold it arrived today. Read through the instructions and went to work. Instructions are pretty straight forward. Only hard part was getting the retaining washer off the limit ring. I used a needle nose vise grip on the retaining washer and ring, clamped them together and the unscrewed the bolt. You also need a very small flat screwdriver to squeeze between the holding clip and the back of the shock to move the holding clip back just enough to pop on to the end of the ball mount. There is a flat spot on the back of each end of the shock to do this. After everything was done, slowly raised the tailgate up and down and there are no binding or scrapping issues that I've seen. It works pretty slick. Looks like Dee Zee took care of the issues other people were having.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I had ordered the DZ43301 back in Dec. through Amazon. Got an e-mail from Amazon on Fri. 2/14, said it would be here Mon. Low and behold it arrived today. Read through the instructions and went to work. Instructions are pretty straight forward. Only hard part was getting the retaining washer off the limit ring. I used a needle nose vise grip on the retaining washer and ring, clamped them together and the unscrewed the bolt. You also need a very small flat screwdriver to squeeze between the holding clip and the back of the shock to move the holding clip back just enough to pop on to the end of the ball mount. There is a flat spot on the back of each end of the shock to do this. After everything was done, slowly raised the tailgate up and down and there are no binding or scrapping issues that I've seen. It works pretty slick. Looks like Dee Zee took care of the issues other people were having.

This is good to hear.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just installed mine, was going to do it when light but couldn't wait to put it on. Got out a construction stand light in my driveway. 15 minutes later done.
Hardest part was going through the snow to my shed to get tools.
Works great, $30 well spent

·
Registered
1 Posts
Installed the kit on my 13 ram , followed instructions to the letter . Tailgate seems to bind when closing . Sent them an email ---no response . Called the 800 number told the young lady my trouble and she said some 13's were having a problem .I asked if the kit number 43300 was the correct model it was . They now had an updated kit that would solve my problem it is kit number ( I lost the paper with the update but I am sure she said it was 43200 ). Well kit 43200 came ups today . Here in about 3 days . My big question is the new parts are in a package with # 43200 and it says its for a ford f150 2004 - 2011 .

Is this correct ?? any one elsse have the binding problem . tried doing a search here to no avail . Any help is appreciated.
No problems with mine. I have a 2013 Ram 1500.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts