DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night I tried installing some 194 LED's into the map lights in my 2011 Ram 1500. They looked great, but I noticed a problem. They only would turn on when I used the dash switch to turn on the interior lights. If I just pushed the lights, they no longer turned on. ANyone else experience this? and if so, is they a fix?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
A few members have reported this problem but I don't know if there has been a fix yet. Unfortunately (kinda) my truck does not do this so I haven't been able to try and trouble shoot it to come up with a fix

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
technically the map lights are 921s btw

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
check out the LED myth thread. This thread inspired me to finally make a video about this

·
Registered
6 Posts
theres a micro switch that the lens presses to turn them on when i installed mine for some reason it moved out of place i had to pull the whole bezel down from the headliner to put the switch back where it belonged

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I just tried again, but these particular LED's just wont work in there. I may have to try some different ones.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Where did you get them from?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, one thing I just discovered: the bulbs in my front map lights arent 194's or 921's, they are W5W's. A little more wattage than the 194.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
not the first time ive heard these causing a problem...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts