DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a ram 2500 deisel 2013 laramie. It only has 54,000 kms on it and Im having some troubles. 1st, a couple times a week when I go to start my truck it makes an awful noise and will not start. The noise sounds similiar to an older key ignition where if you turn the key when it is already running, it makes that grinding sound. However, I just have push button start. I turn the truck off immediaely and then wait a couple of minutes and then it starts as if nothing is wrong. I have taken it to the dealer but of course it does not happen all the time so they could not find the problem. Its like the dancing and singing frog, it only does it for me and soon I try to show someone, the truck starts fine. Is this the starter, fuel filter, or other?

2nd. This happened yesterday, It made that awful noise for 2 seconds and then started. However since then my stereo doesn't work. Everything on the dash functions, but there is no sound from the speakers. Is there a fuse for the speakers? It sucks driving with out the radio on. any ideas how to fix this?

·
Banned
186 Posts
I'm not sure about the speakers. It could just be a fuse.

About it making the noise when it starts, its likely the starter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts