DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my truck on my buddy's hoist for a good bit of the day, yesterday I bought 250 bucks in oils and bought new front shocks the other day. Changed both differentials, the transfer case and the engine oil. Also changed all 4 shocks and I must say the truck rides soooooo good now! got a set of pro come es 3000s that are extended an extra 2 inches to compensate for the level. My shocks in the rear nearly collapsed on their own when I should them in after I took them off LOL also got a set of bushwacker pocket style flares on. Pretty stoked to have all of the oils changed, the tranny was still very pink and didnt need changing. other than the engine I wont have to change anything oil wise on this truck again! got some pics of the flares in the body mods section

·
Registered
54 Posts
What kind of fluids are you using in the diff. I am gonna change all my fluids in about 700 miles. Just looking for another persons opinion.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Sounds good Dan. How is the new exhaust and did you get your new rims yet. I picked up the exhaust and tires for my truck the other day but there was a little mix up and they gave me the wrong rims. Hopefully that will get rectified today.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What kind of fluids are you using in the diff. I am gonna change all my fluids in about 700 miles. Just looking for another persons opinion.
I used quacker state 75w 140 for the rear with the 4 oz LSD additive, took about 2.5 litres. used Mopar 75w90 for the front, took less than 2 litres. Dodge wanted like 35 bucks a litre for the rear fluid so I said screw that and went to part source

Sounds good Dan. How is the new exhaust and did you get your new rims yet. I picked up the exhaust and tires for my truck the other day but there was a little mix up and they gave me the wrong rims. Hopefully that will get rectified today.
Hey Bruce, New exhaust sounds soooooo good! its a little loud in the cab when your on it but something I will have to get used to I guess, sounds awesome outside the truck, I had my gf drive it up and down the street so I could hear it! On thursday I went to Sudbury Custom to get my flares and they called about my wheels, they were in Vancouver and were being shipped out that day, so probably monday or tuesday I hope, the wait is killing me, I dont think anyone on this forum has these wheels yet either! Once I get the rims on that is it for major, expensive mods, I thought about a decent stereo with maybe 1 sub, nothing crazy, but I can do without that, I am pretty happy with it and can hold off with the modding until I can afford a new truck

When will you be getting your wheels bruce? I dont know how Sudbury Custom does it, they are always swamped when I go in, Mike is on 2 phones at once and theres a line up of people at the cash, I think a bit bigger store and 1 extra person just handling orders that come in and notifing the people whos orders came in would help a bit

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks man! its a good feeling knowing all the fluids are changed and dont need to be done agin, besides the engine, I figure Ill be driving this truck for another year, maybe a little longer. pretty happy with how it has turned out though! sucks knowing the major modding is coming to an end, might get a little crazy on the next truck though but thats a ways away

1 - 6 of 6 Posts