DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I say go with a Diablo Sports Preditor or something like that kind of programmer. My past experience with chips is that they eventually learn the truck and become less effective. I have never had luck with any chips.

·
Registered
184 Posts
If i were u id give diablo sport tuning a call and ask if the make one and if not if they could possibly make a tune just for ur truck cuz im sure theere are still ppl with the same problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah ill try and give them a call! I mean everyone has programers and chips up to a 95 and 97 and up. Dodge said 96 was the year they were changing things. This all started when all i wanted to do is advance my timming.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Let us know how that turns out. I've looked all over for you and can't find where that year is supported.

Did some more searching and came up with this

hand held tuners werent available for 96 and down.
Hypertech was '97-03.
Superchips was '98-03.

Mopar Performance had made a performance PCM for those years but have since been long discontinued.

Jet did make a piggyback programmer that plug in between the wire harness connector and the pcm.
those were known to fry the PCM.

your best bet is either looking for a used MP PCM or sending yours off for B&G Dodge/Performance in Michigan to do a tune on it. they have a huge reputation for being awesome at the tuning.

·
Registered
86 Posts
chip

screw a chip, find someone that will tweak your pcm

your gains are alot more

from what i hear they change your fuel delivery and timing alot more than what a chip would do

giving you some results

otherwise i have a sct tuner with a custom tune from hemifever tuning

1 - 8 of 8 Posts