DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 09 dodge with the hemi and am wanting to put a programmer in it but don't know what to put in. I pull a goose neck and bumper pull trailers. Im hoping to get a programmer to help with power and fuel mileage with pulling. Thanks for any help:4-looney:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Can't go wrong with the Diablosport. It has canned tunes, transmission tuning, and you can upload custom tunes for any major modifications you do. Such as throttle bodies, intake manifolds, full exhaust systems, turbos, superchargers, cams, etc.

Superchips offers a better transmission tuning package, yields similar results with the canned tunes, but requires you to use the Pro Race Package, or a CMR dealer to supply you with a custom tune.

Personally, I prefer the Diablosport over any other tuner, but it comes down to your choice. There are others, but those are the main two.

- Christopher

·
Registered
747 Posts
Can't go wrong with the Diablosport. It has canned tunes, transmission tuning, and you can upload custom tunes for any major modifications you do. Such as throttle bodies, intake manifolds, full exhaust systems, turbos, superchargers, cams, etc.

Superchips offers a better transmission tuning package, yields similar results with the canned tunes, but requires you to use the Pro Race Package, or a CMR dealer to supply you with a custom tune.

Personally, I prefer the Diablosport over any other tuner, but it comes down to your choice. There are others, but those are the main two.

- Christopher
Same here in regards to the Diablosport vs Superchips. I have the DS and enjoy the performance increase along with the trans shifting adjustments, they are suitable for my use (daily driver + towing). I do believe the SC has a towing tune and the DS doesnt. The DS makes more power than the SC...I don't know how much of a benifit the towing tune is for towing, but its there for a reason I suppose.
SC tuner - advanced trans tuning, towing tune.
DS tuner - more power, with adequate trans tuning, and the option to have custom tune downloaded for your specific vehicle.

·
Registered
68 Posts
which tuner did you end up getting? curious as to what you like about it as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts