DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've had my truck about 4 or 5 years now. And there has been this relatively quiet, but progressively worsening noise that I haven't been able to identify... until now.

Imagine for a moment a few noises:
The harmonic rattle of loose change in an ash tray.
The slight ping/knock of low octane fuel with high compression
The sound of bubbles in a high pressure hydraulic line being forced through an orifice.

A very slight, but still evil amalgamation of all these noises coming from what would seem like the transmission/torque converter area. Only at speed. Generally only present with Overdrive engaged, and worst when the TC clutch is locked. And with no apparent effect on performance.

Sounds bad right? Like TC/Trans bad... well it's much worse than that...

The 4wd Shift knob rattles. :doh:

4 years of worrying about my TC/Trans and it is some loose little piece of plastic inside the shift knob. :LOL:

Like some sort of evil clown baby rattle, it has been tormenting me for years. Always present but never bad enough to spend the time to figure out what it was.

So if you have suffered as I have suffered, if you feel as I feel, then do as I did... and grab your knob.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Look at it this way, you provided a service for people who will run into this issue with the difference being they will fix it in quickly instead of 4 years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts