DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2005 Dodge 2500 SLT, 5.7 L Hemi, 4x4, short bed. If you are wondering I used to watch Spike TV, and they always named their projects. I always thought it was kind of cool. I doubt I have to explain the color Plumb Crazy on here too much, if you aren't too familiar, it originally came from the muscle car era and the rest you can Google. IF (and that's a big if) all goes well eventually when I get everything else fixed on the truck I would like to repaint it, and I would repaint it Plumb Crazy to be kind of unique, but that is a long way off. It starts pretty rough, probably needs at least a valve job, and probably burns oil. I am starting with an engine rebuild because, at over 245,000 miles, it probably needs it. Then probably rebuild the transmission, transfer case, open up the differentials and change the fluid in them, check the breaks, etc. Pretty much go through everything and check if it is in good working condition or not. A user on here by the user name fireproof69 said I should start a thread about it and update it as I go along. So, I'm taking their advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
OK, so I moved your thread to the "complete builds" section, 'cos you're planning to tear into your truck pretty deep and it will be a better fit here than in the "general discussion" section.
Documenting things as you go and posting your progress here will make for an interesting thread.
At almost 250k miles, yeah, I think I'd want to work that engine over pretty good too.
The truck looks pretty clean in the photo, and not dinged up at all, so that's encouraging.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
OK, so I moved your thread to the "complete builds" section, 'cos you're planning to tear into your truck pretty deep and it will be a better fit here than in the "general discussion" section.
Documenting things as you go and posting your progress here will make for an interesting thread.
At almost 250k miles, yeah, I think I'd want to work that engine over pretty good too.
The truck looks pretty clean in the photo, and not dinged up at all, so that's encouraging.
I wasn't sure where to put it, so I don't mind. It does have at least a few dings, scratches, most likely minor rust, and the interior looks like a dog drove it. Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I wasn't sure where to put it, so I don't mind. It does have at least a few dings, scratches, most likely minor rust, and the interior looks like a dog drove it. Lol
LOL
I've seen a lot worse. But yeah, it's a project for sure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After a short drive of about two miles, and not being able to start the truck, it looks like my first project will be installing a new starter tomorrow. I had to have the truck towed home, but I figured on problems, so I had joined AAA, which looks like it was a good decision.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts