DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Z members,

So we are entertaining the idea of doing a 2012 Ram build out and I wanted to get some ideas and thoughts from you all.

If we were to to do a complete build out, what would you want to see? I may do a poll but I wanted to kick around the idea first.

Here is my initial thoughts: 2012 Ram hemi quad cab lifted with 33' or 35's. Maybe an action sports theme (motocross, skiing, surfing, boating).

It would be a thread with write ups, pics, reviews, etc. Would you all be interested in that? I would love to hear what you think!!!!

Cheers,
Clark

·
Registered
116 Posts
Crew Cab with 35's,sport model,20" rims,nice lift,CAI and 4.10 gears

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes! Was thinking about an action sports theme or maybe a weekend warrior camping/hunting/fishing rig? I.e take the Outdoorsman concept to the next level!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Put those badass sidesteps that are on the Lincoln Navigators. The motorized steps that swing out when the door is open, and hide when the door is shut.

·
Registered
366 Posts
What ever you decide is fine with me! Just make sure when your done drop it off at my HOUSE!!!

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
I like the idea. The biggest and baddest truck with all the latest accessories is of course awesome, but I think it may be cooler to build a truck that is more realistic for the normal person. All those shows on SPEED tv used to do "budget builds" where they would build awesome vehicles, but they were something that you and I could actually afford to do, no unlimited budgets. May be a cool way to show that you can build a lifted truck, with big wheels/tires, step bars, lighting, vinyl wrap, some performance upgrades like intake, tune, and exhaust, etc. for a reasonable amount of money... JMO.

And oh I think a motocross theme would be cool. Would capture the attention of a large and diverse crowd. Could do a motocross vinyl wrap.

bed mounted ramps for off loading dirt bikes/quads
That would be awesome. I'm just waiting for a manufacturer to come out with something like this that slides into the bed...

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good point, that was our basic concept for our last truck, a budget build daily driver that the everyday person could use. It will be featured in upcoming issues of Truckin' magazine. There are a lot of factors that go into doing a truck build so your feedback is very much appreciated! There are just so many different ways we could do this...

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
Going with the outdoor sports theme is a great idea, especially here where we have the sand dunes & the river & others have the snow & mud.
Many things get loaded in the pickup bed, usually with some weight on the talgate.
So add this to your Catalog

http://www.dgmtailgatesupport.com/

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Yes! Was thinking about an action sports theme or maybe a weekend warrior camping/hunting/fishing rig? I.e take the Outdoorsman concept to the next level!
I say do the ultimate outback weekend warrior camping/hunting/fishing.
35 toyo mt's, 4.10 gears, cai, tuner and loaded down with everything u might need when out in the middle of no where! Hmmm... I wonder if some kind of small compressor or generator could be mounted in the ramboxes as a back up in case u needed to air up a tire, change a flat etc.

NOW U HAVE MY MIND TURNING! I'm sure i'll have more ideas! Thanks for letting us get some input Clark! U Rock! Reps for that!:smileup:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'd be very interested in seeing this! As for the theme, winter sports/winter riding would be cool. Skiing/snowboarding/snowmobiling!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts