DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I got a 2014 Ram 1500 Sport with those stupid 9012 headlamp bulbs (projector), I say stupid cuz its a weird bulb size it seems hard to find.

Im really wanting to switch them out for an LED bulb (I got LED fogs) but I cant seem to find a 9012 LED replacement, I would prefer a plug and play as I am not great at moding. Has anyone heard of a good LED replacement bulb/kit for the projector (9012) bulbs?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the opinion but I have a lot of friends with HIDs that hate them, cosntant issues and you have warm up delay, plus the install isnt very clean and you got those dumb ballasts to deal with.....

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Hey guys,

I got a 2014 Ram 1500 Sport with those stupid 9012 headlamp bulbs (projector), I say stupid cuz its a weird bulb size it seems hard to find.

Im really wanting to switch them out for an LED bulb (I got LED fogs) but I cant seem to find a 9012 LED replacement, I would prefer a plug and play as I am not great at moding. Has anyone heard of a good LED replacement bulb/kit for the projector (9012) bulbs?

Thanks!!
The 9012HIR has the same base and plug connector as the 9006 halogen. That should open up your options.
Be aware that LED`s are dangerously bright to on-coming traffic... especially the glare.

Here is a link to some good to know info
http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/rulings/glare.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts