DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all ... New to the Forum and Ram Community. I have the OEM Quad lights on my Ram Express but really want the projectors. I want to make sure I'm doing this right and am not missing anything obvious so would love some input.

From my research, I need to just purchase the:

1. Black Projector Headlights (Preferably TYC or OEM) *Picture attached for reference.

2. Projector Conversion Harness from Headlight Revolution

https://headlightrevolution.com/2009-2018-dodge-ram-oem-projector-conversion-harness/

Anything else I am missing or will need to do? I can add an HID kit later on I assume.

Lastly, any vendors on here that have a better price on those products that I can support?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn Limited CTD
1,530 Posts
I think the TYC's come with bulbs, but yeah you're good to go. Once you have the harness it's plug and play.

HID kit can be added any time and in most cases can be stuffed into the headlight so it is a very clean install.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ordered a set of headlights from
OEMmassive. I as well have the quad halogen headlights. I ordered the black housing projectors. Waiting until payday to order harness for the conversion from Headlight Revolution. I can’t at this time comment on how any of the lights look...but I wonder how the quality of the aftermarket projectors are compared to the OEM ones.
I will also have to take my truck to the dealership and get my DRL reflashed to work with the LED turn signals, as they are currently my low beams on the quad beam halogen. Also looking into the Diode Dynamics switchback LED DRL/turn signal. Looks like a nice piece. Iffy about opening my headlights up though. I’m also concerned with the possibility of accumulating condensation after I put headlights in.

·
Registered
2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn Limited CTD
1,530 Posts
OEMmassive. I as well have the quad halogen headlights. I ordered the black housing projectors. Waiting until payday to order harness for the conversion from Headlight Revolution. I can’t at this time comment on how any of the lights look...but I wonder how the quality of the aftermarket projectors are compared to the OEM ones.
I will also have to take my truck to the dealership and get my DRL reflashed to work with the LED turn signals, as they are currently my low beams on the quad beam halogen. Also looking into the Diode Dynamics switchback LED DRL/turn signal. Looks like a nice piece. Iffy about opening my headlights up though. I’m also concerned with the possibility of accumulating condensation after I put headlights in.
Reflashing most likely won't work on your truck. The harness that comes with trucks originally equipped with DRL's has a separate wire for DRL's which your truck doesn't have. You will have to get the whole upper harness for that to work, or use the DRL-1 module. See a thread that firemedic started. This has been discussed quite a bit. Some trucks have been configured to use the turn signals as the DRL; however, simply reflashing the sales code for drls will not work.

Also usually the DRL configuration from the factory is on the highbeam. You sure?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a whole other project I didn't think was going to be an issue. When I asked the guys who made the harness if the DRL's will work like normal, they said yes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do you already have DRLs on your truck? Most vehicles I have seen have the DRL as the high beam, but on my truck, my low beams (upper headlights in the housing) turn. They only come on if the truck is in drive and parking brake is deactivated. So it’s sounds like with how it is now, when I install these projectors, that my projector will end up being my DRL? When I install HID they will be full blast since HID or DRL won’t dim in a headlight housing (as far as I know).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Update? I have mine installed. Install was great. Thought about doing a write-up but there’s already several out there. Used Headlight Revolutions adapter harness. Make sure to have your plugs connected correctly before mounting headlights back, it is easy to have plugs backwards, and I don’t mean polarity wise. First time I reinstalled the headlight my blinker was my high beam and my LED parking light did not work ?

The bulbs that came with the headlights are surprisingly bright. Still need to tweak my cutoff line slightly but it’s better than it was (light was shining five feet in front of truck before adjustment). All in all I’d give them a 7.5/10.

-Eddie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts