DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2015 ram 1500 and it came with factory projector headlights. It was wrecked and I bought aftermarket halo headlights. Is there anyone here who knows of an adapter to go from projector to oem

·
Registered
2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn Limited CTD
1,527 Posts
I think I understand your question but please clarify.

Some 2015 models like the sport, express (some) and laramie came OEM with projector headlights. They have one plug that goes in the back for turn, low, park, and high beam lights.

Other 2015 models came with the quad headlights which have a H13 connector for low and high beams and another plug for the turn signal/park lights.

So when you say from projector to OEM do you really mean from OEM projector lights to OEM quad style plug in (h13).

MY suggestion would be to return the aftermarket halo lights you bought because they are going to be almost dangerous to use as a headlamp and buy TYC replacement projectors from rock auto. They are close to the same price but actually work well.

Can you do what you're asking? Yes of course. You'll need to buy an H13 female pigtail and a 9008 turn signal connector (they look almost identical), and then from there you'll need to cut off your old projector plug and wire it in. I would not do this however for the reason I mentioned above.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What you said is correct. And that is what I am doing. I am returning the halo lights and getting new projector ones. I was just wondering if there was an adapter to go from the projector plug to the regular ones. But thank you for r

·
Registered
2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn Limited CTD
1,527 Posts
What you said is correct. And that is what I am doing. I am returning the halo lights and getting new projector ones. I was just wondering if there was an adapter to go from the projector plug to the regular ones. But thank you for r
Wise choice! Glad to hear it.

AFAIK there is no adapter but it is easy enough to make one by cutting the old connector off and routing the wires. There IS an adapter to go from H13 to the projector harness however: Retroshop makes it.

I know some of the aftermarket companies like Spyder do make some after market headlights that fit this plug (But again this is a downgrade in quality)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts