DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Ram 3500 DRW with self leveling air bags. I can hear a psst sound sometimes like unhooking an air hose or the sound of air brakes. It does it when unhooking my 5th wheel as well. I had the same truck only a 17 and never heard this sound. I wanted to ask on a forum before taking it to a dealer because usually they say its normal, which it may be. The system seems to work fine.
Thanks for any help,
SR

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a 2018 Ram 3500 DRW with self leveling air bags. I can hear a psst sound sometimes like unhooking an air hose or the sound of air brakes. It does it when unhooking my 5th wheel as well. I had the same truck only a 17 and never heard this sound. I wanted to ask on a forum before taking it to a dealer because usually they say its normal, which it may be. The system seems to work fine.
Thanks for any help,
SR
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that is the sound of the air bags letting out air to re-level the truck

·
Registered
771 Posts
Not sure how the air suspension on the 3500 is different than the one on my Rebel, but mine only makes the same sound (compressor buzzing sound) no matter whether it's raising, lowering, or levelling. No "Pssst".

Maybe it just has a secret it wants to tell you....:158:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Thanks for the replies.
Just a follow up. When lowering my truck on Sunday, I noticed this sound (as the truck got to the lowest "Entry" position). This was the first time I ever heard it. Could be that most of the time I'm raising/lowering, I have the windows up and the music on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts