DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Cab of choice?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Those who have them can you tell me why you chose that. When we bought our '11 I thought that was a mega cab it is only a crew, my husband told me they were bigger 馃槻馃槻馃槻 tf you mean bigger?

Registered
I presume just for space inside the cab. It is unnecessary unless you are on long trips or hauling a four man work crew.

I find the mega cab visually unappealing. Like the quad cab the proportions of the truck from a profile are wrong. RAM needed to make the Mega with an 8 ft bed, not shorten it.

If RAM had offered the 8ft bed on the Mega, I likely would have went Mega.

Registered
My crew cabs back seat seems like a man cave to me. Big couch with lots of leg room. With no 8' bed offered I couldnt even use the mega cab for what I do.

Registered
I know the sizes. Im asking why anyone would chose a mega cab. Jesus
You made it sound like you were confused about which was larger. A person would choose a Mega Cab for the absolute most leg room possible for their rear passengers. If you wanna use your truck as an impromptu van/bus, then Mega is the answer. Why would anyone choose the double cheeseburger and large fry as opposed to the single burger and small fry? Because they're hungrier; it's not rocket science.

Registered
To me, biggest advantage of mega cab is you can recline the seat for longer road trips. would I spend the extra $$$ for that? no. but I don't see any issue with the offering, other people may find it useful.

Registered
To me, biggest advantage of mega cab is you can recline the seat for longer road trips. would I spend the extra $$$ for that? no. but I don't see any issue with the offering, other people may find it useful.
The Mega Cab offers quite a bit of storage space behind the rear seat. Great for coats, battery powered drills and other tools that need to be kept dry and secure while leaving the bed free from tool boxes

Registered
I presume just for space inside the cab. It is unnecessary unless you are on long trips or hauling a four man work crew.

I find the mega cab visually unappealing. Like the quad cab the proportions of the truck from a profile are wrong. RAM needed to make the Mega with an 8 ft bed, not shorten it.

If RAM had offered the 8ft bed on the Mega, I likely would have went Mega.
A tandem dump truck would have a better turning radius than a mega-cab 8' box.:cool:

Registered
Anything longer (overall) than a QuadCab wouldn鈥檛 fit in my garage :oops:. I might want a MegaCab if I wanted a new garage and that would be the excuse (to you know who) that might justify the need;)!

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
I think it would look better wit a long bed too but I wouldn't buy it. At that point get a bus lol I can't imagine parking that. But ya our crew cab is the truck we take on road trips n buying equipment just for the space. I have a regular cab n last winter when it heated up fast im stuck on that
Anything longer (overall) than a QuadCab wouldn鈥檛 fit in my garage :oops:. I might want a MegaCab if I wanted a new garage and that would be the excuse (to you know who) that might justify the need;)!
Hahahaha you should like my husband.

Registered
When we got ours I was thinking the Mega because you can camp out in the back and the back seats recline. But then I wanted an 8' bed and I use it a lot and why am I buying a truck to please those in the back seat??? They can get their own truck.. LOL. Just like a bed in the spare bedroom. If it is to comfy guests may never leave :p Oh and we have a 3500 SRW

Registered
With 3 dogs, every bit of room (Mega Cab) is greatly appreciated. Long hauls with a 5th wheel makes the short bed just right for us when we unhook and want to drive around town/countryside.

Registered
I love my mega cab! Gives me lots more room in the back for the dog or adult passengers. The reclining seats are a plus for passengers. We use our truck to tow our fifth wheel and typically take extra passengers with us. Makes traveling long distances much nicer for all occupants. With the seats down I can put a LOT of stuff inside to keep it safer and less prone to damage. Used it to bring two slices of redwood tree trunks to Florida to make tables from. Good chance they would have been scratched, damaged and wet in the bed if they would have even fit in front of the hitch. Also moved antique furniture in the back vice the bed. A real mans truck is what you need for your use. Having an 8' bed but needing more interior space didn't match our use and need in a tow vehicle. Lots more uses out there for trucks than hauling something in the bed.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts