DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well new START/STOP push button, new starter relay, extended battery disconnect and I've move around all the relays in the fuse panel....still no luck.

Anyone point me in the direction of where I can find wiring schematics for this truck?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Well new START/STOP push button, new starter relay, extended battery disconnect and I've move around all the relays in the fuse panel....still no luck.

Anyone point me in the direction of where I can find wiring schematics for this truck?
The problem is there is not much wiring that you could work with...its all CAN bus and modules, nowadays (as you can tell, from replacing the things you replaced....lots of black boxes!)

You can sign up here: https://www.bbbind.com/tsb-wiring-diagrams/ for free access to wiring diagrams but if the stuff is at least partially working, my guess is its not as simple as a broken wire, etc.

I would seriously look into investing some $$$ into AlfaOBD and a compatible adapter. Then use the setup to connect to the RF hub, door modules, etc in the truck and see if any of those modules are holding any error codes/messages. There may or may not be anything there, but short of getting a dealer that knows what they are doing (lol), there isnt a whole lot that can be done. Alfa would also give you the ability to reset the RF hub to see if that helps any.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I would seriously look into investing some $$$ into AlfaOBD and a compatible adapter. Then use the setup to connect to the RF hub, door modules, etc in the truck and see if any of those modules are holding any error codes/messages. There may or may not be anything there, but short of getting a dealer that knows what they are doing (lol), there isnt a whole lot that can be done. Alfa would also give you the ability to reset the RF hub to see if that helps any.
Thanks again. OBD adapter ordered. Did a little read up on AlfaOBD and that is a powerful app. Looking forward to digging into a bit more deeply and I'll report back on whether I find a fix.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Thanks again. OBD adapter ordered. Did a little read up on AlfaOBD and that is a powerful app. Looking forward to digging into a bit more deeply and I'll report back on whether I find a fix.
Good luck, keep us posted.

If you were closer to me I would say stop by and Id look through everything for you, but Canada is a little far from Connecticut :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yah a bit of a drive lol!

I got my OBDLink MX+ today in the mail. (gotta love Amazon). From the bit of reading I've done it looks like I need to make a trip to the dealer to get a PIN in order to reset the RF Hub. Does that sound correct?

Lot's of Youtube vids to go through to get a good understanding of Alfa.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Yah a bit of a drive lol!

I got my OBDLink MX+ today in the mail. (gotta love Amazon). From the bit of reading I've done it looks like I need to make a trip to the dealer to get a PIN in order to reset the RF Hub. Does that sound correct?

Lot's of Youtube vids to go through to get a good understanding of Alfa.

Cheers.
yes and no...there is a PIN puller app available on Google Play, the app is free but 1 credit to pull the PIN costs 15.00

You can try your dealer....go to the PARTS counter, not anywhere else. Bring your license and registration and just mention that you want the PIN so you can add a keyfob. They may say no, they may charge you 15 (or more), its up to you if you want to try another dealer or use the PIN app instead.

While you're there you might as well ask for your key cut code as well, it will start with the letter M. The RF hub PIN is just 4 digits.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Got to try and take the START/STOP button back tomorrow anyways so I'll ask for the codes at the same time. :smileup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Stranded!

Ok I took the Start/Stop button back, got my refund :smileup: and received my wireless OBD adapter in the mail.

New Problem! The truck has been starting fine with remote start but today after screwing up using remote start a couple of times I've realized that after two bad attempts it locks you out of remote starting until you start the truck normally. :doh: Unfortunately I can't start the truck normally so now I'm stranded.

Does anyone know if you can cancel the remote start lock out using Alfaobd? I'm heading back to the location I got stranded at tonight to try and reset my RFhub and do whatever else I can do to hopefully get this thing running.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
This is the fault in the RF hub causing my original issue --

B215B Definition: Ignition Run/Start Control - Circuit Short To Ground Or Open

Any thoughts on cause? I've cleared it and reset the hub but it just comes right back.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts