DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,751 Posts
Yeah I never got why people would remove Hemi badges. Usually when you get the small engine in a vehicle there is no badge, but with the big engine it has the badge to say "I got the big engine".

Taking the Hemi badges off makes it look like you have a V6

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
2,385 Posts
I am completely badge-less and get asked if it's a 392/Viper engine because of my headers/exhaust and challenger hood. :4-dontknow:

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
My 2016 eco diesel is badge-less
My 2009 only has the Hemi on the fender

I have discovered one thing, if a mechanic has to ask you what kind of truck it is when he is standing next to it, just drive away
If they have walked around your vehicle & can't tell by the grille, you don't want them under your hood

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I never got why people would remove Hemi badges. Usually when you get the small engine in a vehicle there is no badge, but with the big engine it has the badge to say "I got the big engine".

Taking the Hemi badges off makes it look like you have a V6
This.

The debadged look isn't bad, I just didn't care for it too much

·
Banned
79 Posts
Not a huge fan of the badgeless look either. I took mine off and thought it made the truck look goofy. I did however switch them out for black ones and couldn't be happier with how they accent the flame red paint on my truck. To each his own but to the OP, good choice lol.??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
34,751 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not a huge fan of the badgeless look either. I took mine off and thought it made the truck look goofy. I did however switch them out for black ones and couldn't be happier with how they accent the flame red paint on my truck. To each his own but to the OP, good choice lol.??
When it comes to red, the black on red look always wins imo. Nice rig! :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
4 Posts
12sportmc; Looks great! I have been wanting to do the same to my truck. I have the blue pearl paint and black badges would look much better than the chrome. Was it difficult to remove the stock badging?
I work on my truck myself and don't like taking it to other people, but if it's overly difficult to remove the badges with more than a heat gun and some fishing line then I'll take it to a pro.

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I just took my custom badges back off of the 2009 Ram
Had the chrome badges put back on the grille & tailgate
also had some rock chips on the sport type bumper & had them brush painted
The whole roof was repainted, some chemical was eating the paint off, the chemical had to be neutralized 2 times to apply the primer coat & then the paint

The 2009 is unofficially For Sale

·
Premium Member
34,751 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts