21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,751 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Actually!!!!!

One Liter = 61.0237 Cubic Inch., so we actually have a 347.8 Cubic Inch Hemi.

I don't know why they call it a 345. It should be called a 348, so either 345 is wrong or 5.7 is wrong.

Also, I not only DIDN'T remove my Hemi Badge, I added one to the tailgate, plus an "SLT" badge.

I kind of like to show what I'm running. To each his own...........

·
Premium Member
34,751 Posts
One Liter = 61.0237 Cubic Inch., so we actually have a 347.8 Cubic Inch Hemi.

I don't know why they call it a 345. It should be called a 348, so either 345 is wrong or 5.7 is wrong.

Also, I not only DIDN'T remove my Hemi Badge, I added one to the tailgate, plus an "SLT" badge.

I kind of like to show what I'm running. To each his own...........
Because it is a 345ci. Cubic inches are more accurate than liters; 345ci is 5.653L which is closer to 5.7 than 5.6 and nobody goes to the hundredths place when labeling engine displacement in liters. 347.8 is wrong

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hey!!!!!

I'm going to ask Trump, it looks like a "Rigged" system to me. :doh:

·
Registered
219 Posts
It is a matter of significant figures. When measuring something, what degree of accuracy is necessary? 1.0 or 1.00000000? When labeling the size of a motor vehicle's engine size, 5.7 is certainly adequate as that is the size to the nearest tenth of a litre. Back when American manufacturers advertised engine size in cubic inches, one would see 318, 327, or 350 but not 317.8, 327.2, or 349.7.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Says Cummins, has a Hemi :158:

Poser! :LOL:

I am a major poser! I dropped the 1500 side badges and put on the factory dual cutout bumper and dual tip exhaust to fool people into thinking I have the hemi. Then I took off the Bighorn badge and ordered the stock Laramie wheels and stock fender flares. Now people think it's a Laramie. I also took off the 4x4 badge and when I drop it in entry/exit mode people think it's only 2 wheel drive. Once in a while I'll raise it up in Off Road 2 when I park it and people think I put a lift in it.

I like messing with people...:LOL:

·
Registered
11,386 Posts
I personally like the look without the badges on my truck so I took them off. If you like the look of them on, keep them on the truck. I don't care what others think. There is do doubt that I have a V-8 when I mash the pedal to the floor, a V-6 just doesn't move that fast.

·
Registered
11,386 Posts
Debadged completely before and didn't like it... it looked like something was missing imo.

Plastidipped them black and reattached them using 3m double sided and a razor :D
You did a good job putting it back on. :smileup:
Does the badge normally sit that far down? I haven't had mine on for so long I don't remember. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Debadged completely before and didn't like it... it looked like something was missing imo.

Plastidipped them black and reattached them using 3m double sided and a razor :D
Looks great!
I did the same thing. Took all badges off and only replaced the Hemi badge with the OEM black out. Oh and I replaced the front and back Ram shields with gloss black OEM.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=222635

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=125237&page=431
Scroll down a few posts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Looks damn nice! I may eventually just replace my badges with gloss black ones. Depends on when I decide to stop being lazy about it :LOL:
Thanks brother! Just make sure when you get oem black emblems there the real deal. Allot of shitty knock offs out there.

·
Premium Member
34,751 Posts
Yeah the real badges are fairly expensive. I got a plastichrome replica of my Hemi fender badge to stick on my rollaway toolbox but I wouldn't put it on the truck

·
Registered
11,386 Posts
Yeah the real badges are fairly expensive. I got a plastichrome replica of my Hemi fender badge to stick on my rollaway toolbox but I wouldn't put it on the truck
Can you still see your tool box with all the stuff you've stuck on it? :4-dontknow:

·
Premium Member
34,751 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Yup. I ordered black "OEM" hemi badges and when they came in they had Chinese writing all over the package and not even close to the real size and look.
So I just but them on my kegerator.
So now my beer fridge has a hemi. :LOL:

21 - 40 of 41 Posts