DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 ram headlamp issue can’t figure this one out any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. High and low beam always on at the same time dimmer switch does nothing. With headlamp switch in off position while in gear both high and low is on at the same time in auto there on at the same time in park there on at the same time. In low beam they are on at the same time and if you haul back on the dimmer switch the blue indicator light comes on in the dash but do not get brighter. Seems like the drivers sod is brighter than the passenger also. I tried a new headlamp switch and I can’t find any topic with the same problem. Is it the tipm. Just bought the truck and just noticed today.

https://youtu.be/646zXh7BNKo

·
Registered
2015 RAM 1500 SLT 4x4
801 Posts
I am no help but will be following ! But on a guess I would say bad ground to relay or a bad relay! The contacts may be fused! I work on HVAC systems and have seen contacts stick before that is why I am thinking something like that, I am NO gear head lol so take it for what its worth lol.. Please post what you do find , If it is the relay maybe a 15$ repair :)

·
Registered
2015 RAM 1500 SLT 4x4
801 Posts
From what I understand all of the relay and grounding goes through the tipm.
Like I said I am no gear head lol.. But if the relay is easy to get to they look like around 15$,, Hope the gear heads chime in . Thanks for letting me know about the ground :) I learned something lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts