DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive recently had a local shop install HID's on my low beam's on my 2012 ram 1500 with the quad headlights, I finally got around to waging my car about two weeks later and notice there was humidity/water in the headlights after, and its been there for about a week already, so I took it to the dealership thinking there was something wrong with the headlight itself but the service manage took the headlight out and showed me that there was a hole drilled in the round cap behind the headlight for my HID wiring (guess it was the only way for it to fit) but the hole was cut a little too big and I'm almost positive thats where the humidity is coming from, so my question is do I just silicon it to seal it or do they make a cap thats made for that, or are there any other options???????

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
478 Posts
Most HID's for the rams actually come with the rubber piece that sits in that whole to avoid this problem but silicone would always fix it

·
Registered
478 Posts
Is there anywhere that I can purchase the rubber piece or a cap with the rubber piece already in it????
I got my HIDs from DDM you can always email them or call and see if you can work something out to have them give you just those pieces

Just silicone it i used that rubber piece and it leaked to mines been siliconed for over a year not 1 prob
That's weird mine has never had a problem but when I made that whole I made it just snug enough for the plug so the rubber piece would be nice and tight and it sure still is !

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
The DDM lights should have come with the rubber stopper. I have installed 5 DDM set in trucks and they all did. I siliconed the stopper in as well just in case

·
Registered
478 Posts
The DDM lights should have come with the rubber stopper. I have installed 5 DDM set in trucks and they all did. I siliconed the stopper in as well just in case
Have no fear, the LED king is here !.. Any questions on lights ask SS

·
Registered
478 Posts
Did you use a wiring harness for your lows from DDM ?.. I didn't and had problems and took them out.. Maybe that would solve it

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ya all dodge trucks seem to need the harness or cancelers due to the system not liking the hid's only light that you wont need anything are the fogs they are plug and play
They worked in the beginning without the harness but then took them out.. Will buy a harness from DDM then try again sometime.. I do really want to try retro solutions for a nice set but i'm not sure yet

·
Registered
478 Posts
I despise ddm lol nothing but bad luck with them you get get the harnes from retro
I should just man up and switch my HIDs to retro brand.. I think I want to get green HIDs in the fogs for something different and neither brand makes them and go with retro 6k 55w for the lows

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Love my Retro kit, 55watt, H13, high low, 8000k, the best, easy install, 1hr it was done, kit came with capacitor, resistors, ballasts and bulbs, no holes to drill, plug and play. The only thing I did was swap out the fuse holder for an enclosed water proof unit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts