DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please can you help sort a family rift with my wife.

She will not allow our 3 dogs to go in the pick up and so wants them to go on the back seat of the quadcab. That is not too bad except when muudly and wet.

Does anyone know of any purpose made hammock type affairs that fastens to the headrests of the front and rear seats to provide a fully protected area for the rear seats .

Many thanks

·
Registered
573 Posts
I dont but what about a cage for your dogs in the bed? That's how I move our dog. My wife didnt want the dog in the bed unrestrained either.

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Dog protector

I have seen what you are talking about for cars. My wife for our last car made one off the copie of a picture of one. It hooked on the front and rear head rest. I believe she had some Velcro on the sides. Ck you pet stores and maybe on line. They are out there.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
We have one for our X3. It's like a hammock type. We found it at Petco on Clearance for $20. I can't find another one at all though. They have some that tie to the back headrest but they do not secure on the bottom and slide around. I'm looking for another one for the ram.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Last time I was at my dealer, I picked up the little booklet of Ram accessories. There is a cover for the floor to make it completely flat for the quad cab. Basically, you fold up the rear seat and then place the board in and the floor is completely flat. Maybe this would be a good option. I know I am going to be looking into this for traveling with my dog. I don't like his stink on my new seats.
The only thing is, I can't find this part online at the Mopar website. It's called the flat load floor liner in the book

·
Registered
395 Posts
seat protector

I know my dog would not like what you are speaking of flat on the floor, he likes to look out. Head out the window in the summer. No trouble with smell, give the dog a bath.

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,092 Posts

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
IMO save yourself the money and get one of those canvas type tarps (like for covering the floor or furniture or whatever when painting) from walmart or home depot/lowes, etc. They are thick, they "grab" the hair, are inexpensive, and are easily washable. We've tried a lot of things in our cars even some "purpose minded" products which were junk and these work the best. Just tuck them under the headrests and they stay in place fine. I recommended them to some others on the forum and they all posted back that they worked great for them.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Autozone has one for the backseat that goes over your seats. I had one but for some reason can't find it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am probably going to fabricate a portion of plywood covered by a rubber material that can be washed off. My goal is to have it in with the rear seat folded up and level so the dog can be comfortable. Have to go with two different portions in case there is a rider with him in the back and the 40 portion of the 60/40 can be utilized.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts