DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 ram 1500 slt shifts into gear fine when cold. Upshifts and downshifts fine when cold. After about 5 miles or so when you come to a stop it bogs down and will either stall or lunge forward and rpm’s fluctuate a couple times then it’s like something breaks loose rpms smooth out and and idle is normal. And when you go from park to reverse or drive it does the same thing. When you come to a stop and it doesn’t stall and the rpm is still low. And you give it throttle you can feel what seems to me a downshift from second to first and it takes off like crazy. There is no engine or transmission codes set. And there is no slipping and upshifts all seem normal even after warm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought the truck they put another engine in it couldn’t get it to start because crank sensor was bad. I can’t find any vacuum leaks and live data on the scan tool shows map to be working correctly. It’s just trying to stick in second and third on down shifts i count the shifts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought the truck they put another engine in it couldn’t get it to start because crank sensor was bad. I can’t find any vacuum leaks and live data on the scan tool shows map to be working correctly. It’s just trying to stick in second and third on down shifts i count the shifts
What did you find? the normal thing would be to look at the data and see what is being commanded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts