DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm redoing my exhaust 2.5 in the whole way. Pacesetter headers into H pipe into thrush glass packs. Only thing is I have these rusty 1 3/4 pipes coming off the headers because I can't find an exhaust system that goes from the headers back. Is there even such a thing? Or do I have to bend my own pipe? I didn't want to leave the old 1 3/4 on there because I feel it is restricting flow and I was thinking there's no way that a shop would leave those on there if you brought it in to have it done. Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Take what you have to a reputable exhaust shop and tell them to make it work. I assume all you have are headers and a cat-back exhaust system, or perhaps just mufflers? I'm shopping for exhaust for my Ram too. I am stepping up and only using stainless, even for the headers. Anyway, if you don't heed my advice, you're gonna wind up with a horrendous exhaust system that doesn't work properly. By the way, 2 1/2 inch exhaust is more than enough for your 360 unless you have a heavily modified stroker. Good luck!

·
Registered
79 Posts
You're saying you can't find a Y pipe that fits your truck?

I'm using a Flowmaster Y pipe and cat back on mine. It also needed a piece about 2 feet long between the two Flowmaster sections, but other than that it was a direct match with all of the stock hanger locations.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm trying to find the pipes that go into the Y. They come off the headers, one bends around the tranny. They're only 1 3/4 and I'm trying to find bigger ones like 2 or 2 1/4. But I'm starting to think that nobody would have those pre made.

I don't need the y pipe because I have "true duals" going into an H.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I decided that I'm just going to take it in. I live 15 minutes from heart throb so I'd be stupid not to go there. At least now even if nothing else is right on this truck it'll sound like one bad mother.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts