DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so Ive had my 2013 ram 1500 sport for about a year now and I lifted it about 2 months ago without thinking about gearing at all. I have 35s on it with a 6 inch lift and was wondering what gear ration I should go with. I believe the ration now is about 3.15 or somewhere really low (or high depending on how you look at it). What do you think would be the best fit?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
34,714 Posts
Your ratio is either 3.21, 3.55, or 3.92 as those are the 3 that Ram offers. You should be fine with 3.92s if you're only running 35s.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hey guys, so Ive had my 2013 ram 1500 sport for about a year now and I lifted it about 2 months ago without thinking about gearing at all. I have 35s on it with a 6 inch lift and was wondering what gear ration I should go with. I believe the ration now is about 3.15 or somewhere really low (or high depending on how you look at it). What do you think would be the best fit?

Thanks!
What is your current stock gear? See there are two big problems with changing gears in our trucks. One it's a lot of work and two it's very expensive. The front gears are welded in so you have to get the front carrier from a 2011 ram or older. Then with the rear, bigger gears do not fit so the carrier must be machined In order to fit the gears. As said above if you have the 3.92 you are fine with 35s. On thing you want to consider is a tuner if you don't have one to get your shift points back in place.

·
Super Moderator
34,714 Posts
If you have the 3/92s then you will probably be fine just having the dealer flash your computer for the larger tires so that your speedometer and shift points return to normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts