DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newb here, bought a 2014 RAM 1500 Express 4x4 a couple of days ago, and came with the chrome 20" wheels and some wored out Cooper AT POS :) in stock 265 size.

I've ordered a couple of things to level the truck, and hopefully be able to run and offroad 35's, in route: Rancho 2" quicklift, and Zone offroad UCA's, pending: I have the tires in the discount tires cart :), but i need a set of wheels. Will i be able to run 35's (315/70/17 Falken ATW3 specifically) with 17x9 -12 offset wheels ?

Thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
That setup will work well.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ty H2oman, much appreciated.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm eyeballing the Raceline Clutch wheels in Black, 17x9 -12offset, love those wheels, now back to undecided on the tires, lol, that's the problem when i get to watch all this damn beatiful trucks with all this wheels/tires. RAM's are definetely the best looking pickup trucks out there hahaha.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
Make sure you post up some pics when you are done.

·
Registered
139 Posts
mine are a 20x10 with a -12 offset with 35" toyo's and I have a 3/1 leveling kit in mine and they clear fine. I would think you would be fine but you can go to a website customwheeloffset.com and check out lots of different setups. good luck and send pics!

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
1,647 Posts
If you do any off-roading or backing into driveways while turning, you'll have some rub on a 2" level and 34.5" tire. My FIL has the exact same setup 1500 with bilstein's @2.1 but 20" wheel, added a 1.5" body lift to compensate for fender lines and door well scrubbing. Every truck varies slightly, so just something to be aware of.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot fellas, I’ll sure post some pictures when she’s done. it will take a couple of weeks as we just moved to a new house, and I can’t do anything in my driveway/garage for at least 1 week, I want to get the level lift done with the ucas, before getting the tires/wheels, In the meantime, I’ve ordered some Mopar skids and the Mopar front tow hooks, and I did have my Black Widow muffler installed yesterday, sounds great.

I’ve also been looking at how to mount a winch without having to buy a bumper, I guess eventually I’ll settle for a steel bumper, but I’ll check if I can have something custom done that is not as expensive as the offers out there.
I want to have the truck setup a little more for expedition/exploring purposes, and a winch is part of that, unfortunately we don’t even seem to have a hidden mount available for the 4th gen RAM’s.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Btw i'm running the Ranchos all around in setting #4, very plush ride,i think better than stock i may add, especially considering the weight on the new setup, 71-72lbs before, 99-100/lbs after, and the tires are E rated running at 45psi, zero issues, i'm not expecting this shocks to excel offroad with some speed, as i'm aware they're cheapy shocks, but compared to the Bilsteins 5100 i have in the Silverado and how easy it's to install them (plug and play), they run a lot smoother than the Billies, i figure i can make run a little firmer to match the sport feeling on the Billies, but as of the moment i'm not bothering too much with the adjusters, i may do so next week as a test to see how much firmer they become, this is my 1st time ever running Rancho's, i was a little affraid given the stories, but they're good so far, knocking on wood.

My idea is to run Radflo 2.5 coilovers/rear shocks with RES eventually, and make this the backup setup when the coilovers need to be rebuilt, Radflo is also local to me, that means i don't have to pay shipping :), i've had their coilovers/shocks before in another application, and i loved them, so i'll use them more one time.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
Looks great.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
1,647 Posts
Looks good, I like the slightly stuffed appearance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys I have a question, I’m new to this and still trying to figure out. I just installed my 3 inch lift on my 2014 Dodge Ram 1500. I’m wanting to install 35” tires with 18 inch rims but I’m not sure what tire thickness to go and what are some good websites where I could some nice rims and tires. What do you guys have on your trucks?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks Great! Can you provide the specs on the wheels? What is the off-set. It looks like the wheel and tire set out a couple of inches farther than stock. Thanks. :smileup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts