DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you limited to building the truck just as on the web site or does building it via the dealership provide more flexibility?

For example, to get the options I want, I can't seem to exclude the Tow package when building via the web site. If I go to the dealer and order one can the Tow Package be removed?

Sure I can ask the dealership directly but really don't trust them to be truthful and would like to hear from people who actually ordered one.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have ordered 2 from the same dealer over 5 year period and have been able to order just what I wanted. It was just like building one on the website. If you don't trust the dealer you are working with - FIND ANOTHER DEALER!

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
I would suggest that you go online & look at the 2019 Ram Buyers Guide Brochure
Skip the first 34 pages, they are just stock photos

You may need to use the computers Magnifying software

https://www.ramtrucks.com/gab.html

After you decide what you would like to have on your Ram
Go to the dealership & ask the Receptionist to direct you to the sales person that has sold the most Ram trucks.
You will then have a Senior Sales Person that has a computer with direct access to the DealerConnect website

( You will have to take a fly swatter to get rid of those pesky junior sales persons that are buzzing around you ), They don't know crap & if you ask them a question, they have to leave you & scurry to some other sales person to get the answer

Say that you would like to have the Integrated Brake Controller & the Trailer Hitch Receiver, but don't want the Towing Mirrors
You ask for the Towing Package with Tow Mirror Delete , then ask them if that would affect any other options, like the 360° camera
Another thing that you should find out about is, just what the difference is between the
Level One & Level Two Rams, beside the cost difference

Good Luck with your research & purchase

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks good info.
I did notice a few options I wanted were either Standard (S), Options(O) or Package (P).
If I read it correctly, I would get a specific package then just have the "Delete" what I do not want?

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
That is what i did with the Tow Package
I just told them to Delete the Tow Mirrors

What i did forget was to tell them that i wanted the body colored regular mirrors
Now i have a beautiful truck with ugly black mirrors with a rough textured surface :(

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Thanks good info.
I did notice a few options I wanted were either Standard (S), Options(O) or Package (P).
If I read it correctly, I would get a specific package then just have the "Delete" what I do not want?

Yes and No. Some things are not able to be deleted. They are package requirements.

regarding the senior salesman, not all dealerships allow any salesman to access the main computer and only the new car manager can order vehicles. depends on the dealer.

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
At my dealership, there are 3 sales teams
Showroom sales, mostly Junior sales persons, they are over seen by the Assistant Sales Manager

V.I.P. Sales, mostly for returning customers

Fleet/Internet Sales, made up mostly of senior sales persons
You can order a Ram or whatever FCA sells through them & if you don't want to order from the factory, they can contact other dealerships regionally or nationwide & find the vehicle that you want or close to it

The local salesman that i use goes by the nickname "Gibson", he sells more Rams than any other sales person in this County, he knows just about everything about Ram trucks
He is assigned to both the V.I.P. & the Internet Sales Teams, he has his own office & a direct internet connection to DealerConnect

He is just the kind of salesman that everyone would want to have

·
Registered
247 Posts
I started with 1 salesman and 5 weeks into the process, I went directly to the manager and had them swap me to the "senior person" who seemed to always help me when I came in there for information, a status, etc. My salesman was always off, would always say "I'll call you back" and never did. I told the manager that it wasn't fair for guy #1 to get one cent because he hadn't done one thing and that the guy I wanted.......he did everything. I gave the manager every encounter I had with the senior guy I wanted and ...........lets just say, guy #1 didn't even get a "co-deal"

I admit that it was something about the senior guy being former military. I could just tell. He had that 'go get it' attitude and he walked with a pace that was meant for a fire fight. He and I just clicked and were on that same fast pace of getting stuff done. When I picked up the truck on Friday ......he actually came in on his day off and he got that paperwork done so fast. I watched guy #1 ......he was just moping around at a leisure pace with his customer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have yet to find a salesperson who has committed as much to memory as I have. I told them something is available with this or hat and not with this or that, and they say "you know more than me" and I say "I read a lot" or something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newbie here... The RAM website for building a 2019 1500 has left me scratching my head several times. For example, if you want to add black tubular steps, it forces you to order the black package. That makes no sense... maybe I'm missing something.

Also, if you configure a Big Horn with Sport Package and 5.7L Hemi (no e-torque), you can't add the 9 speaker system (which I believe is Alpine). It WILL let you add the 9 speaker if you go back to the 6 cylinder engine and remove the sport package... I don't get it... Hopefully the dealer order system doesn't hit these types of walls.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Newbie here... The RAM website for building a 2019 1500 has left me scratching my head several times. For example, if you want to add black tubular steps, it forces you to order the black package. That makes no sense... maybe I'm missing something.

Also, if you configure a Big Horn with Sport Package and 5.7L Hemi (no e-torque), you can't add the 9 speaker system (which I believe is Alpine). It WILL let you add the 9 speaker if you go back to the 6 cylinder engine and remove the sport package... I don't get it... Hopefully the dealer order system doesn't hit these types of walls.
similar stuff happened with me ....the dealer's system "cleaned" up my wish list and combined things correctly. Now, that doesn't say that your combinations are allowed.....but there is a chance that it is. I actually typed, on a word document, the items/codes/prices of what I wanted (from Ram site). I handed it to the dealership and said ..."build this and show me the build/order sheet"

·
Registered
30 Posts
Excellent post, thanks for that info!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts