DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be getting a 6" Zone lift. I currently have Bilstein 5100's to level my truck, so the fronts will be staying, I believe. I also have 18x9 Helo rims with 0 offset, which I like to use with bigger tires so I don't have to buy new ones. Here are my questions.

I want to do fender flares, but want the offset to match them so the wheels don't look sunk into the wheel well. How could I establish how much offset I would need?

With that in mind, is it safe to add wheel spacers to obtain the offset and how would I establish how big of a spacer I'd need?

What would be the best solution for the rear shock to maintain the best feeling ride? I know it's going to change the ride regardless since it's being lifted, but want to maintain as comfortable of a ride as possible.

On a side note, I love the projector headlights some Rams come with. Will they fit a Ram with normal OE headlights?

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
You'll have to replace the Bilsteins on all four corners, not just the rear. You'll need shocks and struts that will work with a 6" lift, the Bilstein 5100's won't work.

The OEM projector headlights will fit physically, but it's the wiring that's a little different.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
You can use 5100's. You just have to get the ones to match the size of your lift.

·
8,090 Posts
The front Bilstein 5100's can be used with a 6" lift no problem. You'll install the strut spacer from the Zone kit on top of them but won't use the preload spacer that comes with the kit. The Bilstein's will provide the preload for you.

What size tires are you wanting to run? And I'm assuming with OEM flares? With the 0 offset wheels you likely won't need spacers provided you run a wide enough tire.

The Fox 2.0 adventure series shocks are a great option to be paired with the 6" Zone kit.

You can run OEM projector headlights no problem but you will need an adapter harness to do so. Retroshop LLC sells the harness you need.

If you want a quote on the lift and/or tires shoot me an email to [email protected] and we can get you taken care of.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
The front Bilstein 5100's can be used with a 6" lift no problem. You'll install the strut spacer from the Zone kit on top of them but won't use the preload spacer that comes with the kit. The Bilstein's will provide the preload for you.

What size tires are you wanting to run? And I'm assuming with OEM flares? With the 0 offset wheels you likely won't need spacers provided you run a wide enough tire.

The Fox 2.0 adventure series shocks are a great option to be paired with the 6" Zone kit.

You can run OEM projector headlights no problem but you will need an adapter harness to do so. Retroshop LLC sells the harness you need.

If you want a quote on the lift and/or tires shoot me an email to [email protected] and we can get you taken care of.
That seems like a pretty Mickey mouse way of doing it.

·
8,090 Posts
That seems like a pretty Mickey mouse way of doing it.
It's not a mickey mouse way of doing it at all. With the exception of the BDS coilover lift that's how all 1500's are lifted from 2006 and up. Zone, BDS, Rough Country, ProComp, etc... they're all a strut spacer on top of the OEM strut for the front end lift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts