DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here recently been thinking about a 2.5" leveling lift on the front end, anyone that can tell me if it's worth it or not, 4.7L V8 2WD

Edit: Also, been thinking about a cold air intake system, if anyone could point me in the right direction with one of those, i've researched some K&N Systems for around $300-$400

·
Registered
565 Posts
I put a 2" leveling kit on my 2002, I went the hockey puck route from Fat Bobs Garage and IMO it was very much worth it. My only problem was, when I did it I still had regular street tires on the truck and it looked goofy until I put the 33" Terra Grapplers on.

Here are a couple of bad before/after pics from when I put the kit on:

After:

You can look through my pics on here, Im sure there is a better one somewhere in there after the tires and everything.

As far as the CAI, Ive never done one because I work in dusty conditions and the gains from one is almost nothing without a bunch of other mods, so I run the paper filter instead of risking my engine being ruined from the dust just to have a cool sucking sound on throttle.

·
Registered
250 Posts
33" Terra Grapplers on.
I will be slapping some of these on later as well. They look pretty aggressive me thinks!

As for the CAI, I believe you get more out of it than just a nice throttle sucking sound from it. But I hear you on the dust part, I live in the desert. People around here call it Phoenix Arizona but it's the desert. :LOL:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I went with a 2.5" Daystar leveling kit and it leveled my 05QC perfectly. If you go 2.5", consider replacing your shocks too even tho most companies say you dont have to. With the leveling kit you will almost max out your travel which wont allow much room for comfort on bumpy roads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.