DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Ram 1500 4x4 with a 2" Rough Country leveling kit. Well the ride quality went real...well... Rough! And the front still sits 1" short of being level. I have been researching the Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks and I am leaning that way. Should I..
A. leave the spacer in and install the shocks? And if I do will it mess up the ball joints, CV joints, etc...?
B. Take spacer out and just install the shocks? And if I do will they level the truck out with out being short?
Thanks for the advice!

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a 2012 Big horn with factory 20's and I have Bilstein 5100's on the front ONLY set at the highest 2.8 and I am within 1/2 inch of dead perfect level and since the 1/2 inch is on the back end it's got such a slight rake you can't tell by eye it has to be measured to be seen

So I would take out the RC kit and install the 5100's and walk away happy

P.S. The ride quality went from a 7 to a 10 and I got the level look I was going for so in my opinion WIN WIN

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just put a TGC lift on my truck Saturday. It came with Bilstein 5100 struts. I put them in set at 2.8". You CAN NOT use the blocks with the 5100's. It's way too much lift. I think may be a little too much for you unless you're lifting the rear also. My kit came with 2.5" progressive rate coils for the rear along with 5100 shocks. The rear now sets about an inch higher than the front. It looks good and satisfies me. If I knew how to post a pic I would.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sorry that's an old picture. It just has the leveling blocks in the front. I need to take a new picture with the TGC lift and post it. I'll try to have it here tomorrow. Thanks for the info. I had no idea how to post pics..lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sorry that's an old picture. It just has the leveling blocks in the front. I need to take a new picture with the TGC lift and post it. I'll try to have it here tomorrow. Thanks for the info. I had no idea how to post pics..lol
what size tires you got on the ram? and whats tgc lift?

thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts