DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished installing my mufflex kit on my express. Not usually the kind of guy to read instructions but for once i followed them to a "t"

For those of you that havent installed one of these and are planning to do so, the instructions tell you to leave the clamps loose until you determine the alignment of the tips (Paraphrasing) but what they dont tell you is the tips themselves are on their own ball and socket style clamp which makes them 99 percent adjustable..... spent nearly an hour trying to align everything in the exhaust system just to move the right side tip half and inch up and quarter inch to the right :LOL:

keep in mind ive only had the truck a week so i havent had the time to notice this until now.....feeling pretty stupid right now.

The good news is.....it sounds great!

·
Registered
15 Posts
yea same here. installed mine 6 days ago. took off short side pipe did not
fell like i bumped it but i did.more like 3in . i was stumped till i seen that bolt holding on tailpipe. if not for that 45min total by myself. use selant
around front 3in pipe fit is to loose. 24in is just right. just a little louder than stock. if i were 21 with no kids 14in all the way!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did the 14' And its actually alot quieter than i expected. I like it, i was afraid it was going to be obnoxious bu tin my eyes its perfect.....ill do a video in a few days as soon as the roads clear up a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts