DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda new to the forums here. I was trying to figure out how to eek a couple more horses out of my '08 V6 SXT when my brother shot me a link to my local dealership with a '12 Sport with a Hemi. I was drooling over it when he, just for fun (or so he thought), sent me a link for a '12 R/T in south Houston. Long story short, I picked up my new R/T on Thursday. Will post picks soon.

My question is, having never really even heard of the R/T until last week, what are the major differences between the R/T I bought and the Hemi Sport I didn't? Obviously there's badges (awesome), and 22" wheels, I read somewhere about 4.10 gears vs 3.76 or so on the Sport. I also read an old thread that referenced a 2600 stall converter. What other performance bonuses does the R/T have?

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
RT has:

Badging, every option, 4.10's, slightly higher stall converter, I think the sport appearance hood is standard, I think the 22" alcoa wheels are standard, and it has it's own suspension(springs) not shared by other models.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
^the express has the bottom line interior, the RT (and maybe some sports) I think have leather and all that jazz...
Only thing my truck did not come with was trailer hitch cause i had my own other then that you name it its got it lol

r/t's also come with 22'' rims beefed up suspension different torque converter and the badge on the grill that so many have put on there trucks (posers) lol

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
^the express has the bottom line interior, the RT (and maybe some sports) I think have leather and all that jazz...
No Reg Cab Ram's get leather as an option (QC and CC only)
My fully loaded RCSB Sport 4x4 interior is the same as the R/T's
I was told heated/vented leather seats are not an option for the RC's but they could have aftermarket Katskin's installed for me.

The "Caprice" vinyl seats do look like leather except for the cloth inserts though...

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
My RCSB Sport 4x4 will Crush any of the local R/T's at the track here. :gy:

aftermarket has better options for suspension, torque converters, and better gears
I race it on 4 drag radials in 4WD ...now I'm taking down 6.1L SRT8's

Yes it cost me more than a stock R/T but who wants to drives a stock truck, to me it's worth every penny I've spent.

SRT8's go for over $50k+ so I still came out okay for LOT less.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
My RCSB Sport 4x4 will Crush any of the local R/T's at the track here. :gy:

aftermarket has better options for suspension, torque converters, and better gears
I race it on 4 drag radials in 4WD ...now I'm taking down 6.1L SRT8's

Yes it cost me more than a stock R/T but who wants to drives a stock truck, to me it's worth every penny I've spent.

SRT8's go for over $50k+ so I still came out okay for LOT less.
Wooooooo cool them jets we were talking about leather lol

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
If you have seen an R/T with leather, it was a Katzkin dealer option (aftermarket).

Dont believe me? Go to the Dodge.com website,
show me where the leather option is in the "Build your own"
and tell me how much the option is.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts