DODGE RAM FORUM banner

R/T vs Sport

33658 Views 58 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Klaus666
Kinda new to the forums here. I was trying to figure out how to eek a couple more horses out of my '08 V6 SXT when my brother shot me a link to my local dealership with a '12 Sport with a Hemi. I was drooling over it when he, just for fun (or so he thought), sent me a link for a '12 R/T in south Houston. Long story short, I picked up my new R/T on Thursday. Will post picks soon.

My question is, having never really even heard of the R/T until last week, what are the major differences between the R/T I bought and the Hemi Sport I didn't? Obviously there's badges (awesome), and 22" wheels, I read somewhere about 4.10 gears vs 3.76 or so on the Sport. I also read an old thread that referenced a 2600 stall converter. What other performance bonuses does the R/T have?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
13,692 Posts
RT has:

Badging, every option, 4.10's, slightly higher stall converter, I think the sport appearance hood is standard, I think the 22" alcoa wheels are standard, and it has it's own suspension(springs) not shared by other models.

· Registered
13,692 Posts
The OP was just asking for the differences between the sport model and RT model. I don't believe he asked what trucks are better than his, or where the short comings of his truck are.

· Registered
13,692 Posts
I've seen my buddy's 2011 RT a couple times, and only been inside and driven it once. What stuck in my head as far as the interior mainly is the nice looking leather dash. I don't recall the seats.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.