DODGE RAM FORUM banner

R/T vs Sport

33658 Views 58 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Klaus666
Kinda new to the forums here. I was trying to figure out how to eek a couple more horses out of my '08 V6 SXT when my brother shot me a link to my local dealership with a '12 Sport with a Hemi. I was drooling over it when he, just for fun (or so he thought), sent me a link for a '12 R/T in south Houston. Long story short, I picked up my new R/T on Thursday. Will post picks soon.

My question is, having never really even heard of the R/T until last week, what are the major differences between the R/T I bought and the Hemi Sport I didn't? Obviously there's badges (awesome), and 22" wheels, I read somewhere about 4.10 gears vs 3.76 or so on the Sport. I also read an old thread that referenced a 2600 stall converter. What other performance bonuses does the R/T have?
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

· Registered
4,434 Posts
Hey not saying your wrong but on my window sticker it says leather interior does it look just like yours yep is it leather the f if i know im not a seamstress i hope it is since ive been treating it with leather cleaner for awhile, hope if its not that wont hurt it. But what about the dash and steering wheel they look leather. So if its not leather what is it and does leather conditioner f it up

· Registered
13,692 Posts
The OP was just asking for the differences between the sport model and RT model. I don't believe he asked what trucks are better than his, or where the short comings of his truck are.

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The OP was just asking for the differences between the sport model and RT model. I don't believe he asked what trucks are better than his, or where the short comings of his truck are.
Actually, I don't need to ask what trucks are better, I already know that there aren't any. LOL. Really, just wanted the performance differences. The interior on the Sport is identical to mine (which is leather wrapped steering wheel and dash but cloth-vinyl seats).

· Registered
13,692 Posts
I've seen my buddy's 2011 RT a couple times, and only been inside and driven it once. What stuck in my head as far as the interior mainly is the nice looking leather dash. I don't recall the seats.

· Registered
4,434 Posts
It's called Caprice vinyl officially, but its not real leather.

Ram's with the "Real Leather" option look very similar,
but the seat inserts are perforated leather.

Are your inserts perforated leather, or cloth "Y.E.S." material?
So will it hurt to use leather conditioner and ya i have the seats with the cloth in the middle but what about the dash and steering wheel

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.