DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, how's it going?

I have a uC3.0 (AKA the RA1) radio in my 14 express. I have had a bit of trouble with it, finally have resorted to making an appointment with the dealer. Wanted to get a bit of input if anyone has experienced the same issue. About 2 months ago, the screen just went black, no controls whatsoever, no audio, nothing. It was completely dead. Thinking I blew a fuse, I checked the fuse panel with no avail. About an hour later, it came back to life. It was fine for a while, and then I started noticing the volume wouldn't turn up past a certain point. Sometimes it's 20, others its 21 or 22, etc. I have never seen anything like this. If I wait it out, it will go back to normal (being able to crank it clear to Max), but its very intermittent. Most importantly, it's very ANNOYING! Any suggestions?

Any replies would be great.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You obviously have a problem with electronics inside the head unit you would need a wiring diagram and the head unit electronics schematic to repair it if under warranty have the dealer swap out the head unit. Could also be loose power wires but not likely. Bench testing the head unit outside the vehicle would reveal if power wires might be loose.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply! I did take it to the dealer. They said the head unit is defective, so they are doing a warranty-replacement on it. They ordered the part, and they are installing it next Friday. I will have the tech check on the wiring and stuff when he has it apart. Thanks for the input!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts