DODGE RAM FORUM banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
..dang, I need to move to socal... we do have truck drags this sunday at sacramento raeway tho :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Long story short. On our first date years ago me and my wife made a bet on who would win a drag race. The stakes were the loser would have to pay for the next dinner date whenever we could set this little bet up. While leaving the restaurant we happened to hit a red light. My 07 Silverado Z71 5.3 walked away from her 08 Equinox AWD. She had to pay for the second date. lol

Well the day after our 5 year anniversary last month we were taking her new 2016 Santa Fe Sport AWD to the dealer to get a few minor things fixed. We hit a red light in town. Well just like years ago she lost. The stakes of this race were, Well i'll just keep to myself. lol.

Pretty easy to tell why I fell in love with this woman!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Took on a Furd power stroke diesel yesterday going home on the highway. It was a huge truck with big tires and quad cab. Remind you in in a RCSB with gears, tune and a few small other mods. 1st run was from 30 MPH roll to about 60 and he got me by half a truck:i_rolleyes: 2nd was from a 60 MPH roll and I got smoked. Ate all his coal like a good little boy:158:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Had a guy in an early 4th gen with probably a 3 inch lift and loud exhaust that wanted to play. Went from light to light pulled him pretty steady, he was a good sport.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Raced yesterdays Taco's.
Thankfully , I won, but it was very, very close.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
raced a 4th gen rc rt today....

was at a light, I see this nice rt on the cross street waitin to turn left onto the street I was on...my light turns green and I'm cruisin along, happen to look in the rear view mirror and I see this rt zig zaggin thru traffic tryin to reach me...I come up to a main light that im makin a right turn on and he's right behind me. We both make the turn and he immediately pulls into left lane as we approach the next red. I'm thinkin "do you not see the "392" emblems on my fender or hood?" hehe...but hey, I'm game if you are... and being the "experienced" racer that I am and knowin the nuances of my truck I knew not to lay the hammer down, ease a little bit and then let the cubes do all the talkin :) , sure enough, green light..he drops the hammer and strats spinnin..so I match his "slow" start (not spinnin) and wait til he gets some traction (so he couldn't use it as an excuse), and when he did tract I dropped my pedal and dusted him...so I let him catch up and he's yellin "I just spin cuz I have alot of hp so I can only race from a roll"...i'm like ok so we slow to about 15 mph and then he nails it again, this time he doesn't spin and i lay the hammer and dust him again... so, again he catches up and he says he wants to do it from a 30 roll... ok, I'll roll with it...same result, he was a li faster but i easily roll by him.... so i passed my destination so I had to flip a U turn and right after i did, he turned also and followed me into the parking lot. He pulls up next to me after I park (and my wife get's out and runs into store) and he starts jawing at me about his gears and no traction and how he runs 13.9's with it, I nod my head and when he gives me an opening I tell him I run about 12 flat in my quadcab....he pauses, looks my truck up and down and says "your truck is bad ass!!!, I wanted to see it up close!" I nod with him, we both give the thumbs up and he went on his way.... it was a good end to a good day :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Sweet story chefred! :smileup:

I guess most people think your running a stock Ram. Good for them to figure it out the hard way.

·
Registered
124 Posts
:Hey:Had a buddy ask what my truck had in it. I said an engine. He raced me from a 45 roll. He had a twin turbo scion, the one smaller than the TC version. It already was a slow low hp/tq car. The TT didnt made it that much faster!! Hah...i walked him hard. Even with the truck taking a second to lift up and go. Once we stopped i said. You asked what i had in the truck? Its a hemi. Haha classic!!
Had hondas and other trucks, some how i beat a 2500 diesel silverado. :4-dontknow: and another truck driving home long distance at 3-4 am i didnt winbut kept up withhimon hus bumper. He sliwed diwn and gave me s thumb up. I think he was impressed. Siunded like he had something. Well never know!!:thk:

·
Registered
37 Posts
300 srt8

Had a short race with a 300 SRT8 light to light. Stayed beside him whole way. I have K&N Blackhawk CAI, Dynomax muffler and run 91 Octane

·
Registered
216 Posts
i gotta say the nitto 420s are impressive... i raced a 2015 gmc sierra 6.2, he launched in 4wd, in my 2012 rt with my rear nittos at 30psi, i have a intake and magnaflow, i had the tune out, i wasnt expecting to race that day and only got to air down the tires to 30 psi, i beat him almost by two truck legnts... he beat be by just the nose on the launch, i launched it at 1500 rpm http://youtu.be/cuSWcWoOv6Q

·
Registered
216 Posts
Some of the stories here might be a bit hard to believe. Just a bit:)

·
Registered
363 Posts
i was traveling the four lane express way and this big silverado 2055 diesel with a 5'in tail pipe sounding all big and bad pulled up along side of me he obviously had a tuner on that thing....... we played for a few minutes and we came to a red light. while sitting there, he raised his rpms, muffler growling and when the light turned green he took off.....i said what the heck...i started right after him. i caught up to him after about 50 yards. i pass him doing about 75 and shut it down when i hit 90....my wife was beside me and all befuddled. i told her i couldn't just let him go like that....she didn't know what to think....all the way home she kept saying i cant believe you raced that truck...... it was a blast and not a bad turn for my little Little Red Truck. love the hemmi :)

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
hehe good one! welcome your wife into the club! I love runnin diesels even tho at the track they blow me away (the highly modded ones)...but it's those guys that let most of the owners think they can take anyone on the road :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Raced some guy in a vw tdi bug, blowed black smoke all over me for miles until a 4 lane came up. He then romped on her before I could and by 80 I was a good 3trucks ahead and at the next stop light he wouldn't even look my way. It was a minor kill but a kill none the less for my mild bolt on 5.9.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Raced some guy in a vw tdi bug, blowed black smoke all over me for miles until a 4 lane came up. He then romped on her before I could and by 80 I was a good 3trucks ahead and at the next stop light he wouldn't even look my way. It was a minor kill but a kill none the less for my mild bolt on 5.9.
I've never actually raced either of my Ram's, and I haven't raced anyone lately, but that story reminded me of one time I did race.1985ish in an ugly 1973 Olds Omega 4 door. It might be a classic now, but it was just an old ugly sedan back then. But, it had a 350 with a 4 barrel. My high school buddy had a 1982 Corolla SR5 hatchback, 16 valve 4 cyl with the louvers on the rear hatch window. It was kind of a sporty edition.:hah:

He tried to pass me on the way to school and I stomped down and blew past him blowing smoke everywhere from the 4 barrel opening up. It was fun for a second until I realized how much my fuel gauge went down for that brief moment of fun.

·
Registered
62 Posts
cammed 5.3 chevy, my buddies cc ram and a new ecoboost with bolt ons last weekend at the track and my buddies 16 mustang gt with cai and cat back from a 30 roll up to 90. mustang wouldve had me at 100+ and the ecoboost put up a fight for an 1/8th but the 5.3 silverado got gapped!!!

141 - 160 of 160 Posts