DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2021 1500 warlock and looking to see what everyone is doing to mount there radar detector? The mirror I have will not work for a blend mount. So I'm looking for other options. I may have to just dual lock it to the glareshied. I thought I found a solution that will mount to the coin holder upbove the unconnect but it's not the same as as what they sell. I sent in pics and never heard back.

·
Registered
14 Ram Express
86 Posts
I just bought a 2021 1500 warlock and looking to see what everyone is doing to mount there radar detector? The mirror I have will not work for a blend mount. So I'm looking for other options. I may have to just dual lock it to the glareshied. I thought I found a solution that will mount to the coin holder upbove the unconnect but it's not the same as as what they sell. I sent in pics and never heard back.
Look up "Panavise" and "Proclips USA"... they might make something...

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was going to do that just did not want the velcro or dual lock on the dash. I will use it on the mount I ordered. I should get it by the end of the week.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interesting thing about LASER and RADAR... the moment your detector goes off, the officer has already acquired your speed!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes for laser not for radar or if you have a crappy detector
No, for RADAR also. For almost two decades I certified and recertified police officers in the use of speed measurement devices. In Michigan, Certified Speed Measurement instructors, of which I was before retirement, are required to instruct officers in the use of RADAR and LASER units, test and then certify them.

A RADAR's radio waves travel at the speed of light, just as LASER units do!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not going to agrue with you if you have a good detector mine goes off 1.5 - 2 Miles before you see the officer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm not trying to argue! I am just pointing out that officers are able to acquire speeds much further and much sooner than most detector owners realize! I would point out a few more insider tidbits, but won't bother!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a gen4, i.e. 2019. I purchase the single mount for my phone and a wireless charging mount. As I use my phone for mapping to fire calls it mounts my phone perfectly on the dash and makes it almost similar functionally to the IPADs that you see in Fire Chiefs cars or like Police cars.
I will advise I had to leave screws loose to reinstall mat under it and then tighten after it was in place. But I have had it over 2 years and it is the perfect mount for my. No more climbing in to find phone mount on the floor instead of the window where it should have been. Well worth it.......

·
Registered
149 Posts
I do have to argue with one above....Laser is light waves, radar is radio waves. Laser is point and shoot as you know and an extremely narrow beam waves size. Radar is a broadly transmitted signal and therefore has a much larger "beam" spread and therefore is detectable prior to being able to be acquired by the receiver. Radar has to be left in an on or standby state and therefore is detectable by a receiving devise. Where as laser is a sight, point, activate, receive. A laser signal can be detected outside of its point of focus, but is such a narrow beam width and short pulse duration it is much harder to detect before you are already in its sight and "painted".

I understand you did this for years, but there is still the physics of wave propagation. Radar is more along the line of tossing a stone in a pond, where laser is more along the lines of shooting a rifle. One produces a lot more visible, therefore detectable ripple, the other hits you just around the time you hear the report, like a bullet.

By the way, I am on the side of they radar/laser detectors being a mostly outdated tech....... I do not run one any more...but then again the plates on my truck usually have them looking back down at what they were doing, vs pulling me over.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts