DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have super bad radio reception and was complaining to the dealer. They said everything seems fine on my RER radio. Well I had mopar hid's installed in all forward facing lights, noticed that when my fogs are turned on my tps lights flashes on. But with my headlights off radio reception is great. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
1,657 Posts
Hid ballasts are interfering with them. Get a different set of ballasts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same issue. I installed a set of 35 watt Retrofit Source HID Heads and all was perfect so I ordered a set of 35 watt HID's for the fogs (same brand). The very first time I turned the fogs on my radio went to hell, turn them off and back to normal. Do you really think a differant set of ballast's would fix the issue?? I guess I just don't understand it enough to make the call. Not much room to move stuff around in there. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
What they said, your ballasts are interfering, go to the theretrofitsource or retro-solutions and get a good HID kit, you can keep your bulbs (if you order the same wattage ballasts as your bulbs), just get a kit with ballasts and wire harness of good quality. As for the tpms going on when you turn on your fogs, this is a common occurrence, the sensors for the tire pressure are located near the fog lights, when the trigger in the ballast triggers the lights to go on it cause a temporary trigger of the tpms sensor, once the fog light is one, the tpms indicator on the dash should go away, if it does not, then your ballasts are causing the interference.

·
Banned
1,657 Posts
Or run OEM denso, Bosch, hella or matsushita ballasts and stop all that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts