DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if this has happened to anyone with there 2018 yet.

Tonight I noticed that my backup camera wasn't working ( Not that I needed it but still noticed that it didn't come on). Noticed that the tailgate base seemed to be pinching the wiring. Moved it, still nothing. But then shut the truck off. The radio backlight was still on but nothing on the screen. Disconnected the battery. Restart the truck and now: Backup camera is not even in the options, no more Sirius XM. The setup screen has more options than previously seen. I'm taking it to the dealership but just wondering if someone has experienced this. I haven't even reached 4000KM with it yet.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I tried to use navigation the other day and got no sound from that or the radio has not happened again. Might have had a glitch.

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
did you have your Ram bed sprayed with Line-X
if you did, check the electrical connection that goes from the tailgate to the trucks sheet metal
the connection may be loose, take it apart & spray it with
.CRC 5103 Quick Dry Electronic Cleaner - 11 Wt Oz., it is cheapest at Walmart

Then put the connectors back together solidly

Other connections are at the camera inside of the tailgate
near your spare tire on the drivers side , where it is close to the frame
The rest are up near the cab area

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Box was sprayed direct from factory. Don't know what the problem was but the next afternoon, everything was back to normal. Don't know if the high temp + humidity in my area this week was affecting the console (too much electronics these days)

·
Registered
998 Posts
It'll all come back. Just go drive around for a little bit, and all your apps will re appear. It doesn't like to have the battery unhooked.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I tried to use navigation the other day and got no sound from that or the radio has not happened again. Might have had a glitch.

There seems to be a "bug" in the newer NAV units on losing volume at times both in radio and NAV. It can be "fixed" on the fly.

If you find you have no volume on NAV, switch to radio, you will find you have no volume on the selection there either. Change the selection from SAT to AM or FM, or if on FM change to AM or SAT for example. You should hear sound again when adjusting the volume. Change back to desired selection and it too will have volume. This will also fix the no volume in NAV, you should hear the voice again for Navigation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts