DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck has developed a strange glitch. Over the past couple days, I have noticed that when I am making a left-hand turn at an intersection, my radio will temporarily cut off & then back on. Anybody have an idea what might be going on? The truck just clocked 400 mi. on the odometer today.

John

·
Registered
116 Posts
Does the power actually go off on the radio, or does it just stop playing for second?

If it's the latter, I'm thinking antennae wire not seated all the way. Just a guess though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Radio

The radio actually powers down & comes right back on. I drove it this morning & it happened every time a turned sharp to the left. Very strange....

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
are you using the satellite radio, when it happens
Does it also do it in AM or FM mode ?
How about when you have a CD playing

If it does it all the time, it could be a power issue
If it only happens in certain modes, i would believe that it is an antenna issue

·
Registered
360 Posts
In my 05 Ram, I started it one cold day and the fan wasn't working. Moved the steering wheel down and it worked again. Some loose connection in there somewhere, looks like an opportunity to test the warranty. Best of luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Dakota will do the same thing if the tilt is to low.It pulls a plug lose behind the steering wheel.The radio and the heater fan will stop working.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Radio Issue Resolved!

I carried my truck to the local dealer today & they fixed my radio power loss issue. I was told that there is a fuze that is left "unplugged" during shipment & it didn't get seated all the way when they plugged it in at the dealership. Appears to have fixed the problem......thankful they didn't have to pull the dash apart.

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts