DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From google searches, it looks like Ram has a lot of problems with the quality of their radio systems or the quality of the installation of those systems. I have had 3 radios installed in my 2019 Ram Rebel. They have done resets and updates as well. My radio went out again today. The Dothan Al dealership is always helpful and tries to resolve the problem but the fix is always temporary. For what we pay for these trucks you would think there would be a permanent fix. I called Ram Care this time. Although the dealership opened a case with Ram Care last time. Someone said there was a service bulletin on this issue. I'd like to get a link to that if anyone has it.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Go to the link below and click on "Equipment" under "Manufacturer Communications". That is the section where any radio info would be located. You'll have to review the documents and see what pertains to your issue.

What exactly is the issue you are having? Almost sounds as if the dealer is just throwing parts at a software issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Interesting; My 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT has radio problems too. Everything was working fine until, I disconnected my battery to clean battery terminals. After I reconnected the battery, my radio has not worked correctly since. The LED on the radio panel shows jibberish (incomplete letters or numbers, I can't tell). Only the left front speaker is working. I looked it up on youtube and saw a fix about turning on the ignition key to accessories and then turning it back off. Didn't fix the problem. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Interesting; My 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT has radio problems too. Everything was working fine until, I disconnected my battery to clean battery terminals. After I reconnected the battery, my radio has not worked correctly since. The LED on the radio panel shows jibberish (incomplete letters or numbers, I can't tell). Only the left front speaker is working. I looked it up on youtube and saw a fix about turning on the ignition key to accessories and then turning it back off. Didn't fix the problem. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!
I have had 4 different year ram 1500.the wiring goes to ur radio.not in a good spot.ground wire for some reason likes to break

1 - 5 of 5 Posts