DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After disconnecting my battery, I have a security screen on my radio that tells me to enter the security code and gives the radio serial number. I can't find it anywhere in the manual or any of the paperwork that came with the truck. I called the service department at my dealer and asked them and the moron lady told me "we don't have security codes on our radios. Is it an aftermarket radio?"
:doh::att::doh::att::doh::att::doh::att:

I quickly told her that I'm looking at such screen and she clearly has no idea and shouldn't be working in service. She proceeded to tell me three more times that the stock radios don't have security codes. Then I called ram directly and they said go to the dealer.....

Anyone know where I can get the code? I have my vin and serial number

·
Registered
492 Posts
I bought one off ebay that needed a code. I tried a few numbers and it was 1234. Did you try any numbers yet

·
Registered
56 Posts
The dealer can get the code by putting your truck on their computer. When I changed my radio, needed the security code, brought my truck into the service dept. Was charged $50.00, got a print out with code.

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Should work with any four digit code but remember it. My buddy had the same thing and told him to enter four digits that he would remember. Hope it works for ya. Let us know.

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Ok. Then it looks like a trip to the dealer. Bring them coffee and some goodies. Should read it for free. Good luck.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Mine did the same when I disconnected battery to install amp. I search everywhere, and called Ram. Ram doesn't have the code either. They said it can only be found by pulling the radio. It's on the chassis of the radio, or behind the radio. HOWEVER, when I actually started my Ram, the code cleared, and it came on by itself. This makes sense -- as it would be stupid for the radio to lock if you had a dead battery, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just talked a guy at Atlanta West Dodge into giving it to me when I gave him the VIN and the radio serial number that shows on the radio screen. Mine is 0870 on a 2012 Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just talked a guy at Atlanta West Dodge into giving it to me when I gave him the VIN and the radio serial number that shows on the radio screen. Mine is 0870 on a 2012 Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi.

Code entered fine into the radio, but truck still won't start. Parts guy at Dodge said to leave the ignition on for 1/2 hour-an hour and it re-handshakes the computer systems. SKIM computer is Security/Key/Ignition

1 - 10 of 10 Posts