DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I have a 2011 dodge ram. Lately the speakers are randomly losing sound. Sometimes it will play for 3 hrs sometimes 5 minutes. When sound stops the radio.gets quieter followed by a popping noise and sound stops. The radio all stays powered on and all works except for the volume meter on screen. If I shut the truck off for at least ten minutes it will come back on and work for as long as it feels like. I thought it was overheating but sometimes it will on play for five minutes in 20 degree weather so I don't think that's it. I just don't know if it's the head unit or if there is some amp that's dying or what. It has the basic head unit not the one with the big screen. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey all I have a 2011 dodge ram. Lately the speakers are randomly losing sound. Sometimes it will play for 3 hrs sometimes 5 minutes. When sound stops the radio.gets quieter followed by a popping noise and sound stops. The radio all stays powered on and all works except for the volume meter on screen. If I shut the truck off for at least ten minutes it will come back on and work for as long as it feels like. I thought it was overheating but sometimes it will on play for five minutes in 20 degree weather so I don't think that's it. I just don't know if it's the head unit or if there is some amp that's dying or what. It has the basic head unit not the one with the big screen. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
Jon
I have the same exact problem, when it goes out when the volume is high it scares the crap out of you with the first pop. Did you find the issue? or has any one else had this issue and fixed it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jon

I am having the same issue. Where you able to figure out what the problem was?
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts