DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. I've looked for an answer but nothing matches what I'm seeing. Factory radio has started to power off for 2 seconds then power back on for 5 seconds constantly, not like a short when you hit a bump or something. So I tried an aftermarket JVC thinking it was the factory radio - no luck. Sam thing happens with the JVC. I get 12.5v with the multimeter along the path. Now this might occur randomly like at startup or it might not happen until 30 minutes down the road. The it might go away on its own or it might stay like this the whole time I'm driving. I'm at a loss as to what's going on. Any ideas? Thanks,

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Sounds like it may be a bad pin connection in the connector in the back of the radio. They are small pins, and may have an improper crimp or the pin may be pushed back slightly making for a random contact.

The other thing to check for is a fuse, there is a fuse located in the engine bay near the battery. The fuse or the connections might be causing the problem. The fuse is not easily noticeable but I know there has been a thread on its location posted here somewhere with a picture. Also try the web, you may find some info and pictures posted there.

Found it.

https://www.ramforumz.com/showpost.php?p=1736432&postcount=1

One other item, go to the TIPM in front of the battery (fuse box) and push down and rock all the fuses to make sure they are secure as sometimes they have a tendency to work a little lose. The radio is M38 or there a bouts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts