DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those that have bought them did you get the in-channel or did you get the ones that just stick on with the tape? if you did get the in-channel was there any issues installing them? i know the seals on the windows are pretty snug. thanks for any info.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the in channel AVS Ventshades on my 2010 reg cab. Installation is very simple. The only thing I noticed is that they do touch the window ever so slightly upon rollup(I have manual windows) and they do cause a bit more resistance when the window hits the ventshade. I was concerned that the in channel ventshade may begin to scratch the window tint. but so far there has been no visible scratching to the window or the tint. :smileup:

·
Registered
471 Posts
i had 2 different brands on different trucks and heres my imput. the avs in channel are decent. like the op above me said they do offer a little resistance when rolling up the window but i never had issues with them. they did have some tape on them to stick to the inside of the track which held it firm. i also had egr in channel and while they looked good also they had no tape on them to stick inside the window track. if you left window down and shut door theyd rattle not while driving but just when shutting door. other than that they were fine too .

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had AVS on my 06 and put EGR on my 12. Both are good brands. It could just be the different design on the different models, but the window didn't seal real well on my 06 and had a lot of air noise.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have Weathertech in-channel ones on mine. The windows make a bit more noise when they close or open but other than that they are great. I worry about them scratching the glass at the top but so far no problems. Also it seems they make more noise opening/closing when the temperature is cold outside.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have avs inchannel, they are very low profile and use a thin strip of tape to help keep them in place. they also only cover the to of the window. others like the weathertech go down the front along the side mirrors. weathertechs also dont ue tape for the front doors, so if you have a regular cab, theyd be ideal. these two rain gaurds are the only ones i would consider buying. i wouldve gotten the weatertechs if i knew they didnt use tape. however i bought the avs inchannels and am satisfied with them

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went Weathertech. The installation is a bit off as the front piece just won't hitch over the door window rubber. Tried and tried just wouldn't lock in. Don't have to worry about it any more. The drivers side came flying off on a rural 45 mph road after 2000 miles of hwy miles. Go figure.

Looking for another set to try that will lock into place.

G

·
I bought a set of the Weathertech ones for a Nissan I had (traded for the Ram) that used tape. Although I liked them since they came down far enough to keep rain out when the windows were cracked to help some of the humidity buildup inside.....they generated wind noise. Initially I thought it was the crossbsars on the roof rack, so I took them off...still had wind noise. Went to the dealership and they told me that the window hoods changed the aerodynamics of the vehicle and caused the wind noise. This seems correct because there was no noise before I installed them....just had to live with it because they were the ones that you put on with tape.

Do any of you who have the Weathertech in channel variety notice any wind noise?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had the in channel. They made no noise before the drivers side flew off due to improper fit to the vehicle. (the fit issue was not the owner operator, sorry WT)

I have since installed all four AVS. Install was simple, clean and no wind noise. The AVS has double sided tape and to fit in channel. Took me longer to open the box than it did to install them.

·
Registered
15,700 Posts
I bought a set of the Weathertech ones for a Nissan I had (traded for the Ram) that used tape. Although I liked them since they came down far enough to keep rain out when the windows were cracked to help some of the humidity buildup inside.....they generated wind noise. Initially I thought it was the crossbsars on the roof rack, so I took them off...still had wind noise. Went to the dealership and they told me that the window hoods changed the aerodynamics of the vehicle and caused the wind noise. This seems correct because there was no noise before I installed them....just had to live with it because they were the ones that you put on with tape.

Do any of you who have the Weathertech in channel variety notice any wind noise?
first i have ever heard of a problem with wt. been using there rain guards since 2000 on a few different vehicles.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I just installed a set of AVS Seamless (in-channel) vent visors this week. Ordered through AutoAnything. Had a scratch on one and they set an replacement within (3) days (great service!). Installation was super easy. The passenger side wouldn't stay up in auto-up mode (bumped the top and headed back down) but after leaving it up for 24 hours (per instructions) the seal has taken a set and all seems good. Haven't had them up to highway speeds to check for noise yet but I think it'll be good.

The best part is the great seamless look! They don't stick out more than 1/2" from the window! Noe of that big bulg that other vents have (especially the stick on kind). If you're not looking closely, you might not even notice these are on.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.