DODGE RAM FORUM banner

rain guard / vent shades

9923 Views 41 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  gofishn
for those that have bought them did you get the in-channel or did you get the ones that just stick on with the tape? if you did get the in-channel was there any issues installing them? i know the seals on the windows are pretty snug. thanks for any info.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
I just installed a set of AVS Seamless (in-channel) vent visors this week. Ordered through AutoAnything. Had a scratch on one and they set an replacement within (3) days (great service!). Installation was super easy. The passenger side wouldn't stay up in auto-up mode (bumped the top and headed back down) but after leaving it up for 24 hours (per instructions) the seal has taken a set and all seems good. Haven't had them up to highway speeds to check for noise yet but I think it'll be good.

The best part is the great seamless look! They don't stick out more than 1/2" from the window! Noe of that big bulg that other vents have (especially the stick on kind). If you're not looking closely, you might not even notice these are on.

You have a link? The AVS site says the InChannel is not available for our trucks. Autoanything has the seamless but don't say they're InChannel. :4-dontknow:

· Registered
89 Posts
I emailed AVS Customer Serevice to confirm that the '09's would fit the 2010-12's and they do. They just haven't updated their site yet.

As far as AA, if you're getting AVS Seamless then you're getting an in-channel vent visor. You could always chat or email the AA customer service to get confirmation prior to ordering. To be honest, I didn't check too hard @ AA since I already had a p/n and confirmation from AVS. I don't have the confirmationemailanymore but I do have the instructions that I can send you, if that helps.
You have the part#? Does it happen to be #994003?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.